MikroTik App

nmthaker
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mikrotik Point to Point Link

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:22 am

Hi,

I am new at Mikrotik, I want to setup multiple Point to Point link, i want to know the following things

- How to choose right router Board
- How to choose the wireless card, which are available brand & how choose mW power of the card
- End to end configuration of Point to Point link which must be very well secure and i should get excellent throughput,

Above all this question i have RB411, RB433, RB433AH with 800mW card for configuring 25 KM to 35KM different links, i setup the link also and link is working also but the RSSI is 80 to 89 as well i am getting only 2 -5 Mbps over it, i need atleast 6 - 8 mbps over it, can any one advice how can it be possible ??

your advice is highly appreciated.

Regards

Nishit

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik Point to Point Link

Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:12 pm

More information is required, for instance what antenna's are you currently using giving you 2-5Mbps, freznel zone clearance, how congested (if any) on the band you intend to use, for multiple ptp's more careful planning is required to minimize interference from other ptp's or nearby ap's , etc