Community discussions

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

new products

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:45 am

i would like to see something like NBM5 from mikrotik. when?? is mikrotik planning to launch new products in wireless category.

Regards

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: new products

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:46 am

Please clarify what features exactly are you interested in? We always consider user opinions when planning for new products. Let us know what features are missing from current product line, and we will see how to make them.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:11 am

Please clarify what features exactly are you interested in? We always consider user opinions when planning for new products. Let us know what features are missing from current product line, and we will see how to make them.
thx normis first of all i would like to say without fear and hesitation that mikrotik is very prompt in listening to their users.

actually nothing is missing in mikrotik as far as performance is concern. as you have made bullet series it is simply plug and play there is no assembling of RF cards and RB, no need of box or enclosures, no need of ECS cable, no pigtail required we have to just directly insert the cat5 jack in the Ethernet port of the device but its not 2x2. i need to see a product in 2x2 MIMO which can push 35 Mbps both up and down bandwidth full duplex at a distance of 7-10 km. i dont wanna use traditional grid antenna because it needs RF pigtail to connect the radio and in rainy season the water enter into these pigtal.
your SXT is good and i m using it but it is only good for a distance of 1-2 km. something similar with more gain. so that it push more bandwidth at big distance.

Regards

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:12 am

Similar and with more gain is the SEXTANT. It has a bigger gain antenna and works great. It is a 2x2 antenna too.

For example: http://routerboard.com/RBSEXTANTG-5HnD

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:19 am

Similar and with more gain is the SEXTANT. It has a bigger gain antenna and works great. It is a 2x2 antenna too.

For example: http://routerboard.com/RBSEXTANTG-5HnD
thx one again normis i appreciate your reply i m aware of RBSEXTANTG-5HnD but its only have a 18 dbi gain and Ubnt Nanobrdige is of 25 dbi.
i dont think that SEXTANT would give me such outputs of bandwidth at 7 Km.

Regards.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:21 am

Thanks for sharing your ideas. We are also working on higher gain products for the future.

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:57 am

Thanks for sharing your ideas. We are also working on higher gain products for the future.
oh that is fantastic but could u please give us a little hint of your new products of higher gain. and what is the approximate time and month of its launching.

Regards...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm sorry but we do not discuss unannounced products. Keep an eye on our MUM events for new product announcements.

angboontiong
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm sorry but we do not discuss unannounced products. Keep an eye on our MUM events for new product announcements.
dear normunds...
low spec cpu always is the bottle neck for the link...

with the 680Mhz, test with N card and udp it can up to 100M but in the real traffic it not able to achieve it but RB800 can do it...
please consider higher cpu and it can connect direct to sfp....

the most important is, wlan card and the sfp can be same switch chip to make it more faster....

taduikis

Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 am

I haven't yet exceeded the limits of 711ga since I only use it in 100mbps bridged mode, but could you please provide some figures in what scenarios and at what throughput it starts to choke? RB800 is sure nice thing, but it seems a bit overkill for a p2p link..

sonny
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:30 pm

+1
Yes, what we need is a Board like 711 (of course will become bigger size) with CPU from RB800 or possibly better.
One minipci and one or two mini pci express.
Two Gig Ethernet
Evenly distributed on rear and frontside with grounded metallic cage to minimize RF interference.

For APs and P2P links.
Karl Sonnleitner
Senior Wireless-Expert
Restlesspowerbox - managed powersupply for Routerboards

zyzelis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Hello Normis!
I would like to get RB750G+SFP, RB751G-u+SFP or even 250GS+SFP to my arsenal.
It could be nice CPE for pseudo FTTx :) like RB2011-LS but smaller in half :)
And if this nice will born and with wirelessN :) ......

wireless12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:51 am

ok..by the way luckily this MUM in AUG 2010 is going to held in INDIA but i m confuse whether it would held in DELHI or in MUMBAI.

Regards

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:19 am

India MUM will be held in New Delhi, see the info here:
http://mum.mikrotik.com/2012/IN/info

wirelesswaves

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:00 pm

When you introduce your new "higher gain" cpe (similar to sextant), if I assume it is to be made in plastic, would you please demand from your company that does the injection moulding for the plastic shells, to include "conductive pellets" in the mix for the back half of the cpe.

You may also want to consider modifying both the existing sextant and sxt's so that their rear casing is also made of conductive plastic.

More info regarding the injection moulding of conductive plastics can be found at

http://www.coolpolymers.com/eseries.asp