Community discussions

MikroTik App

Pilgrim
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

low speed - WDS not the root cause

Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:47 pm

I wrote an ealier thread as I was not able to get any decent speed on my WDS network. In the meantime I have tried numerous difeerent settings incl. disabling WDS and just set up a AP - Station link and it seems al to boil down to the same problem that have been seen here on the board times before. I have read all the posts I could find, but I am still not able locate where I am going wrong in my settings.

Bottom line is that regardsless what I do then I am not able get more than app. 2.5 MB/s throughput out of my AP (RB 411, R52n, 2x TP-Link 8Db ant's). Please could someone point me in the right direction to find out what I need to change in my settings to get more throughput.

Thanks in advance,
Clipboard.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vk7zms
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: low speed - WDS not the root cause

Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:00 am

change your wireless protocol from "unspecified" to anything else on the list (802.11 nstreme Nv2 etc) at the AP end, and change the station units to wireless protocol "any", and they will then follow whatever you set on the AP - try using 802.11 first.

TheWiFiGuy

Re: low speed - WDS not the root cause

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Looks right to me.

Im installing a network of 23 x SXTs at the moment, and can easily pull 20MB per unit and then run out of bandwidth to the internet. Local bandwidth to a server on the same network runs into the 100+ MB. Out of

Can you post your full

/Interface wiress