Community discussions

MikroTik App

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Anyone solved Tranzeo problems?

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Although we've gone to all-Mikrotik CPE equipment, we have a number of legacy Tranzeo SL2 radios on our network. Every one of them suffers from the same issues:

1) They won't connect to the AP unless the AP's AES/CCM group ciphers are turned off.

2) If I ever reboot the AP, they go into flapping mode, attempting to connect, then failing for "disconnected, received deauth: 4-way handshake timeout (15)." The only way to get them to reconnect is to power each CPE down individually and then power it back up, whereupon it comes back as if there was never any problem.

Tranzeo has been absolutely no help in solving these problems -- as long as there is any way to get the radios back online, they stop working on the ticket.

I've seen other posters claim that setting the Tranzeo to "ignore timestamp of AP's beacon" helps with connection issues, but we haven't seen that help anything.

Has anyone else solved these problems?

NumLock
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Anyone solved Tranzeo problems?

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:45 pm

The best way to use Tranzeo CPE is using Tranzeo AP. I use TR-6600 for AP and TR-SL2, no issues.

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Re: Anyone solved Tranzeo problems?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:42 am

For obvious reasons, I prefer MikroTik APs. I have finally decided to decommission my remaining Tranzeo CPEs and replace them with RB711-based CPEs. Much less trouble, and much better radios.