MikroTik App

willbur
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Proactive Mesh Assistance

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Hello All,

Yes I did look at other examples of Mesh setup. I have mine pretty well complete except for I'm having problems with setting up the RB751U's with wired network. I want it to be like this below.

Router ------- Mesh Portal (Wired/Wireless)------ Mesh (Wireless) ------ Mesh (Wireless) ------- Wired/Wireless Mesh Portal? ------ etc

As you can see that way there are multiple RB751's setup with wired and that way it can constantly have wired connections as well as be able to connect to proper AP with good signal. It's only worked where one RB751 is setup with a wired connection and the rest just WDS mesh without any network cables. Where am I missing a setting? I have looked all over and cannot find how to do this properly or make it work.

From the wiki it states that for proactive mesh network that there cannot be any switches between the router to first client portal because it might not support HWMP?

CuninganReset
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Proactive Mesh Assistance

Fri May 13, 2016 12:20 am

Hello All,

Yes I did look at other examples of Mesh setup. I have mine pretty well complete except for I'm having problems with setting up the RB751U's with wired network. I want it to be like this below.

Router ------- Mesh Portal (Wired/Wireless)------ Mesh (Wireless) ------ Mesh (Wireless) ------- Wired/Wireless Mesh Portal? ------ etc

As you can see that way there are multiple RB751's setup with wired and that way it can constantly have wired connections as well as be able to connect to proper AP with good signal. It's only worked where one RB751 is setup with a wired connection and the rest just WDS mesh without any network cables. Where am I missing a setting? I have looked all over and cannot find how to do this properly or make it work.

From the wiki it states that for proactive mesh network that there cannot be any switches between the router to first client portal because it might not support HWMP?
Hello, have you found the solution for this? I am planning to do what you did but it's no clear how to do it with more than one portal.

haukened
just joined

Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:34 pm

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but did you guys ever figure this out? I'd love to set up a proactive HWMP+ deployemnt with multiple portals, but WDS looks like a major blocker to having multiple portals in the same L2 LAN segment.

Jetty
just joined

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:50 am