Community discussions

MikroTik App

janreges
just joined
Topic Author

Best wireless connection of 3 rooms in apartment

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:20 pm

We bought a new apartment in a new building in Prague (Czech Republic). I work as a programmer, so I need a low latency (vpn, samba, ssh, remote desktop, etc.) as well as high speed transmission (home server that handle copying over 100 MB/s).

Unfortunately, the apartment doesn't have data wiring and socket of internet is only in the living room. We have a very fast optical internet with ping 1ms to domestic data centers.

It is not possible to run cables around the house, so i search a way to wirelessly connect 3 rooms, and achieve performance approaching to GLAN. Each room should have some proper Mikrotik device, apparently in bridge mode (another device will be connected to the Mikrotik GLAN).

Now i have in the living room RB493G with 1xR52Hn (2x8dBi MMCX antenna) and RB751G-2HnD in bedroom (with internal antenna - i tried also external antenna with 8dBi without any performance proof). I set both devices to use "Nstreme" and point-to-point setup. On both devices is last RouterOS 5.20. The distance is approximately 10 meters and 3 walls (15cm wide) between them.

The result: latency is very good - stable 1ms ping and TCP (Mikrotik bandwidth test) approx. 40Mbps receive and 30 Mbps send. Unfortunately, bandwith is quite slow. I tried also NV2, but it had a high and unstable latency (10-100 ms).

In addition, I want to connect a home server that will be in the chamber (it has 6 noisy HDDs)

Regardless of price, what Mikrotik hardware and what settings would you recommend me to the best connection for 3 rooms wirelessly?

Thank you!

Below are screenshot from my RB751G-2HnD:

janreges
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Best wireless connection of 3 rooms in apartment

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Nobody help me? :)

I'm looking for max-best wireless connection for 3 rooms...

jadu
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Have you considered Powerline Ethernet Adapters? Some of them can reach performance of 500Mbps.
------------------------
Don't give thanks, give karma instead!

RexMartin
just joined

Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:39 am

There you go. Powerline Ethernet Adapters are best as you have been previously told. It will work for your 3 room apartment .

mobile4lte

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:57 am

Powerline Ethernet Adapters are best,so you can try it .you can check something about it from google.