Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Bandwidth breakthroug? MT don't miss the train!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:09 am

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/42 ... t=20121023

This could 'save' MT, or they'll loose it....
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.

Rudy R. Puister

WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.

karina

Re: Bandwidth breakthroug? MT don't miss the train!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:46 am

very interesting article. thanks for the post, If it proves to be as good as this article suggests I am sure the guys at Mikrotik will come up with some version of their own all in good time. Then again I remember when WIMAX was going to change the planet. so wait and see i reckon

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Re: Bandwidth breakthroug? MT don't miss the train!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:10 am

Wimax like LTE and other licensed band technology is more pushed by the big carriers, so it goes slow because they all want their intake and in the end it is expensive which they than need to earn back...

Wifi on the other hand is much more pushed by the low end, free spectrum user range. And although they might not have the same $ push, in the long end due the heavier competition and bigger scale (consumers!) we'll see more developments coming from this end... 802.11 b, g/a, n, ac and now this.

If I see that Wifi is already pushing cable operators aside in areas, even urban, than this new technology might proof even more to be interesting for us, free spectrum users. This instead of the cable/phone line operators that are still struggling themselves out of the investments of yesterday's technology investments.....

The sooner this new tech comes available the better. But the 802.11 hardware manufacturers need to stay ahead in advance, if not in the end they will loose the battle.... So MT, mobilize yourselves and make us all happy. :D
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.

Rudy R. Puister

WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.