* PPPoE Client on Port 1 through ADSL2+ Modem
* Various wired connections on other Ports, and two Gigabit switches beyond that
* WiFi is on non-bridged mode, unsecured, with it's own DHCP Server.
I was removing (disabled) WLAN from bridge-local so that it would use it's own DHCP pool. This worked, but then the rest of the wired network stopped working, strange through, given I disabled WLAN, not the rest.
My ultimate aims in doing this:
* WLAN unsecured access with no network access
* VPN connection provides isolated network access and internet access
* Wired interface provides no network access > VPN is required to gain access
* I am running a coworking space (>30 people at office at a time)
* Isolation to stop viruses spreading
* Easy to identify who is hogging the internet (36Mbps down)
* Better WLAN security (than having a shared WLAN key)
Question: Why does disabling WLAN from bridge-local kill the wired network?