Community discussions

MikroTik App

shahin97
Topic Author

Some questions about mikrotik sxt/sextant

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:03 am

Hello
  1. How we understand Ram Usage?
    How many client can use a sextant or sxt as router and dhcp server? (ether1 was connected to a switch and how many client/pc can connect to ether1?)
    Is need to enable ARP for sxt/sextant interface’s that has a bridge between wlan1 and ether1?
For ex: in this image
5.jpg
Routing is static
  1. How many client can connect to router B/C/D/A?
    Is need to enable ARP in the interfaces (ether1 and wlan1) of router E/F/G/H?
    Why after 2-3 hours some network will hang?
    Why some time the routers (sxt/sextant) need to restart(they doesn’t work)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shahin97
Topic Author

Re: Some questions about mikrotik sxt/sextant

Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:19 pm

image edited

MacLean

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:57 am

From the looks of your IP addressing I would imagine your subnetting is going to be your biggest limitation - not RAM or processing power.

I've seen 4 series Mikrotiks handle up to 80 hotspot users with an external RADIUS server with no issues.

-Mac

Ivoshiee

Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:18 pm

From the looks of your IP addressing I would imagine your subnetting is going to be your biggest limitation - not RAM or processing power.
Subnetting? Are you kidding here? Pictured 2-3 subnets is nothing to be worried about.

Ivoshiee

Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:28 pm

Somehow I see no MikroTik devices on that picture - all Ciscos. If you indeed have issues with the MikroTik devices then you'll have to check the ROS version and dig around the forum here. Maybe that version is known to be faulty or you have found a new bug or two. If you want any support from the MikroTik then upgrade to the latest ROS version (try stable first then go for development one) and send in supout.rif files.

Note: I am a bit wary of the MikroTik bridging (there were times when that didn't work or just acted strange for me). If your configuration will allow then get rid of those bridges and adopt subnetting with static routes or if you dare to use MikroTik implementation of some higher level routing protocol then maybe try OSPF for route distribution.