MikroTik App

diablonet
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Metal2SHPn WLAN dies

Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Hello, have anyone experienced this before:

-on a building (outside) I have 4 Metal2SHPn for WIFI coverage (with the same type of UTP, distance, settings), acting just as AP.

2 or them work perfect!, the other 2 have a weird problem, WIFI interface stops working after 1-2 days, the device works, but not the wireless card, it stops sending SSID, on SCAN button it detects no networks , the only way to make it work again is to restart the device and then it will fail again on the first or second day.

The ethernet cable is around 50 meters, (UTP 5e), PoE is attached to a UPS, RouterOS is 6.1, I have tried lowering down the WLAN power, device speed to 250mhz(to reduce heat and consumption), Health reports 41 degrees and 21.5v PoE, I have tried all this and same results.

Any suggestion? Thank you in advice

troy

Re: Metal2SHPn WLAN dies

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Check out my thread on this. MT is aware, and I'm hoping that more people will report their failing units.

Check tool/profile and see if the wireless process is at about 50% CPU, generate a SUPOUT file and send it to MT.

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=74191

diablonet
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Metal2SHPn WLAN dies

Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Wow, I feel better know knowing that I am not the only one with this problem, I will discuss it better in that threat, I also contacted support. thank you