Community discussions

MikroTik App

Caelis
just joined
Topic Author

Trying o get help on suport but no answer

Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:21 am

hope they answer here, its real the custom channel feature? how much is cost? i filled the doc mikrotik told to fill and send it to then about 15 days ago a few times and no answer, please if you dont gonna give me upgrade please say not, if yes and it cost tell me how much to pay you, thx
Last edited by Caelis on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neilson
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Trying o get help on suport but no answer

Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Can you explain in some more detail what you are trying to do.

You can set superchannel mode yourself in the device, you don't have to get help from support.

If you need a license level upgrade login to your account on the mikrotik website and you can buy a new license and apply it to your device (they don't offer upgrades between license levels. You have to buy a new license and apply it) - minor exception if you have an SXTG with L3, you can upgrade to L4 for free on device.

Regards
Alexander

Caelis
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:16 am

Sorry for my bad English, i was talking about the custom channel width feature where you can set 28,30,56,60 mhz or less on some chipset here the link http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Wi ... d_Channels

Neilson
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:49 pm

I may be wrong however it appears to me in the latest version that I am running I can set the WLAN card to Superchannel (advanced settings) which opens up all the frequencies.

In the Wireless section of winbox there is a tab now called "channels" which allows you to create channel lists. But it also lets you set width to 30MHz and also select channels to the .5 MHz detail level.

Check it in the version you have, if not ask support for access to pre release versions.

Regards
Alexander

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:55 pm

RouterOS 6.x all releases have custom channel with feature.

Caelis
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:30 pm

maybe this image helps more :) i was trying to set to 30 and got this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:09 pm

Neilson is wrong here. This feature requires a special license, you must contact support and sign a form to get it.

Caelis
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:45 pm

hi, i did that but i got no answer, the last ticket was: 2013071366000084 and 2013062666000123 i sent the file to support but i got no answer on the second ticket "2013071366000084" can i send you a pm with the scanner signed form?

Neilson
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:55 am

Normis

Thanks for the correction.

I was going off an email about using non standard frequencies and that does not require extra license.

Good to know that non standard widths (30MHz) do require this extra license.

For my information and future reference. Do we need to sign one form for the company and then we can just apply for superchannel license upgrades through the portal by importing the licenses for our devices? or do we have to individually contact support and sign a new agreement and apply singly for manual license for each device?

Wanting to test / use this in certain backhaul scenarios where the extra channel width would be useful as a boost.

If possible can you post some further information in the wiki about process / documents / requirements from the mikrotik side so we can search and explore this before contacting support (as I know there is a reasonably long wait often for replies and more information up front can reduce problem / wasted emails)

Thanks Guys

Regards
Alexander

harrysuccess
just joined

Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:23 pm

how the process to obtain the special license? whether to pass support@mikrotik.com, then what should I tell?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:28 am

how the process to obtain the special license? whether to pass support@mikrotik.com, then what should I tell?
Say that you want to use custom channels, and tell your mikrotik.com account username.