Community discussions

woni
just joined
Topic Author

Simply bridge or mesh

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi,
I have build a mesh Network with 6 RouterBoards RB912UAG-5HPnD with additonal wieless cards from ubiquiti (SR71) to work in 2.4Ghz for clients. The inbuild cards are configured in dynamic mesh (wds). The inbuild card, the separate ubiquiti Card and the ethernet are bridged. All of the the wireless are ap-bridge.
Everything works fine. Every ap see the others and only one of them is connected to internet.
For understanding, every client can connect to one of this ap`s and go to the internet. It's great. We don't use the mesh Option of RouterOS only simply bridging.

My question is: Is RouterOS as clever to find the best path to the internet connected ap or is it better to use the mesh Bridge?

Thx for your advices
WoNi

Ehman

Re: Simply bridge or mesh

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi,
I have build a mesh Network with 6 RouterBoards RB912UAG-5HPnD with additonal wieless cards from ubiquiti (SR71) to work in 2.4Ghz for clients. The inbuild cards are configured in dynamic mesh (wds). The inbuild card, the separate ubiquiti Card and the ethernet are bridged. All of the the wireless are ap-bridge.
Everything works fine. Every ap see the others and only one of them is connected to internet.
For understanding, every client can connect to one of this ap`s and go to the internet. It's great. We don't use the mesh Option of RouterOS only simply bridging.

My question is: Is RouterOS as clever to find the best path to the internet connected ap or is it better to use the mesh Bridge?

Thx for your advices
WoNi
I also wanna know the answer to this question, have a similar question..

woni
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Simply bridge or mesh

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:49 pm

I think, we won't get an answer.