MikroTik App

Natted
just joined
Topic Author

wireless bridge error

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:34 pm

Hi all.
I want to do this configuration:

ADSL Line-> ADSL Modem->wireless to->mikrotik rb951g-2nhd as pppoe client and a second virtual AP to repeat lan in wireless.
Into the mikrotik i have tried a lot of configuration such as wds slave dynamic(making the adsl modem and mikrotik with same ssid, protection and wpa2 key) but i got the error: unicast key exchange timeout. I tried also making the adsl modem without key, the mikrotik can connect to it but they can't comunicate each other...

What's wrong?

shahbazian
Trainer
Trainer

Re: wireless bridge error

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:06 pm

WDS implementation could be different for each vendor – not all different vendor devices could be connected together with WDS.

Natted
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:29 pm

WDS implementation could be different for each vendor – not all different vendor devices could be connected together with WDS.
If i'd like to connect wireless to adsl modem and a trasmit an ssid? Can i do that with one wireless interface?

shahbazian
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:52 am

If i'd like to connect wireless to adsl modem and a trasmit an ssid? Can i do that with one wireless interface?
Yes; If you use WDS enable AP from same vendor of adsl modem or use other WDS compatible device.

If you want use MikroTik as AP, you must run AP with same ssid, same band and same frquency with adsl modem and use wds-mode=dynamic; Then If WDS dynamically created,Consequently, the possibility of establishing a wds.
Otherwise, no