Community discussions

MikroTik App

zachr91185
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik and Verizon LTE

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Has anyone set up a Mikrotik device to connect to the Verizon LTE network? My job needs to have a access point set up in some remote areas for employees to connect to. Verizon LTE is the best service we have found in those areas. Verizon has recommended some Cradlepoint brand routers to do this. But we mainly use Mikrotik so I would like to go that route.

- I am looking for some recommendations on a good routerboard + Verizon combo to achieve this goal. (if possible)

- If you have a recommendation, could you provide just a brief overview or point me to some documentation to further pursue?

I have thought that the RB951G-2HnD might be a good board to use. Some have pointed me to a couple of different Verizon USB modems that they say should work. Is there another option like using a Sierra Wireless AirCard 320U that shows being supported on Mikrotik's supported hardware? http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Supported ... _LTE_cards

Any advice or pointing me to another thread that I may have overlooked would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik and Verizon LTE

Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:03 pm

I have a connection with proximus (Belgium) with a Vodafone usb 3G stick.

See the result and how i did.
http://www.wirelessinfo.be/index.php/mikrotik/pages/3g in dutch but follow the printscreens i made

ActiveCentury
just joined

Thu May 08, 2014 6:45 pm

Still need help with this?

I have a Verizon Pantech UML295 working off the USB port of a 951G.

southerntel
just joined

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:33 am

I would definitely like to hear how you got the Pantech working?

siuslawbb

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Still need help with this?

I have a Verizon Pantech UML295 working off the USB port of a 951G.
Yeah, any insight on this?

jo2jo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:28 am

Has anyone in the US gotten Verizon LTE to work (stable ly) on a mikrotik device?

im in the same boat as the 2nd reply here,  in that we mainly (and love to) use all mikrotik devices, but have a need for a remote Verizon based access device and want to run this on mikrotik.

I know there is the new SXT LTE that many outside the US are having great results with via LTE, however that devices only support LTE 3 and 7 bands (1800mhz and 2600mhz) and we need to also utilize Verizon's Primary LTE 13 band (700-800mhz range).  Verizon uses LTE bands 2 , 4 ,13 is the US (1900,1700, 700mhz )

We currently use the Verizon branded T1114 Novatel Router, connected to a MT via Ethernet (and disable the T1114's wifi AP),  but would rather have an all MT solution (via a mini-pci or mini-pcie LTE Radio or worst case a MT with a USB Verizon radio).

( i have searched through the forums via search and via google search and cant find a clear answer to this specific Verizon question that clearly many have)

thanks!