Community discussions

MikroTik App

syedakbar
just joined
Topic Author

Backup and Restore

Fri May 19, 2006 8:58 pm

I am trying to copy configuration from one MT Wireless AP to another. I used backup and saved the file on a PC. Then I copied the file to another MT Wireless AP and did a restore. My problem is this restored the router configuration, however the wireless settings were not restored except the SSID. I am using a RB532, SR2 with 2.9.23 version. Anyone have this problem?

cibernet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Backup and Restore

Sat May 20, 2006 3:33 am

I am trying to copy configuration from one MT Wireless AP to another. I used backup and saved the file on a PC. Then I copied the file to another MT Wireless AP and did a restore. My problem is this restored the router configuration, however the wireless settings were not restored except the SSID. I am using a RB532, SR2 with 2.9.23 version. Anyone have this problem?
That´s because the mac address of the wireless card is not the same as the original card, try to change it with the same mac address of the original card...

Regards

syedakbar
just joined
Topic Author

Backup and Restore

Sat May 20, 2006 3:49 am

Is there any other way to replicate configurations on multiple MT Wireless APs without changing MAC addresses?

cibernet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Backup and Restore

Sat May 20, 2006 5:48 am

Is there any other way to replicate configurations on multiple MT Wireless APs without changing MAC addresses?
Use the "export" commnad....

Regards

FASSIA
just joined

Sat May 20, 2006 5:56 pm

As cibernet said, you have to use "export" command, mostly I use "export file filename", if you do that, MT place a file in the disk with the complete configuration, so you could download it entering via FTP to the RB. (I think this way is more secure than copy an paste the exported configuration commands)

Then, in the confiuration output file you have to edit (or delete) the mac address of the wireless interface. (search were said "/interface wireless") So, when you "paste" that configuration to another RB with another SR2 cards, you avoid any kaind of problems with wireless interfaces macs.

I hope to have helped :)

Equis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun May 21, 2006 3:43 am

Cool, this was a question I was always wondering but forget to ask.

Helped me :-) Thanks