Community discussions

MikroTik App

illiniwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

SR2's and Tranzeo CPE's for clients ?????

Fri May 19, 2006 9:27 pm

I have asked this question on here before but haven't heard a good reason that this shouldn't work.

The SR2 is in AP Bridge mode and everytime you reboot, loose power or apply a new setting the clients rarely reassociate without diabling and renabling the wireless interface several times. When I say several times I mean 10 to 200 times before clients come back online. I just purchased 2 200mw senao cards that I am going to put in place today and see what happens but I feel like something can be done about this problem. I have this problem on 2 towers and I have tried switching to the CM9 card but it had the same problem as well. The only answer that I've heard is that they aren't as compatible as prism based cards.

Thanks for any help in advance.

ldvaden
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: SR2's and Tranzeo CPE's for clients ?????

Sat May 20, 2006 8:02 am

The SR2 is in AP Bridge mode and everytime you reboot, loose power or apply a new setting the clients rarely reassociate without diabling and renabling the wireless interface several times. When I say several times I mean 10 to 200 times before clients come back online.
We run both Cisco 1300 APs and MikroTik R532+RouterOS 2.9.24-based APs. We have not seen the problem you describe with Tranzeo CPEs. IIRC we did notice that CPQs had to be returned to factory default values of RTS and Fragmentation Threshold.

Are your CPEs at the current revision level?

rgds/ldv

illiniwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed May 24, 2006 5:37 pm

I have the latest firmware on the cpe's but the problem seems like the access point didn't intialize the wireless card. Even my laptop with built in wireless doesn't get a signal 100 feet away when this happens.

ldvaden
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 24, 2006 5:44 pm

I have the latest firmware on the cpe's but the problem seems like the access point didn't intialize the wireless card. Even my laptop with built in wireless doesn't get a signal 100 feet away when this happens.
Another possibility might be that the wireless card didn't respond to the AP's initialization :)

rgds/ldv

illiniwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:57 pm

sorry that I never updated my findings on this post but I will now. I did replace the sr2 with a senao 2511 and all my problems went away but I recently found a new problem. I tried installing a new client with the latest tr-cpq from tranzeo and it will not connect to the 2511. It did flash all the lights a few times but didn't stay connected. Then I tried another tr-cpq to only get the same results. Next I used a tr-cpe-200 and it worked perfect. I really want to use the new xr2 on another tower that I am putting sectors on but I'm afraid I might see the same problems. Any suggestions on what to do.

ldvaden
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:15 am

sorry that I never updated my findings on this post but I will now. Any suggestions on what to do.
What are the components of the AP?

What do the logs say (you might want to turn on wireless debug)?

rgds/ldv

illiniwireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:25 pm

the ap setup was an rb532 with cm9 in 5ghz for backhaul and 1 sr2 card for access radio. I was using 48v powersupply.

jwcn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:30 pm

Tranzeo CPE's have given me nothing but problems...

SR Radios burn out like you won't believe. They routinely go deaf after being under load for more than a week.

The only reliable configurations I have found are:

Single SR2 on WRAP2.C board with 20 volts
Dual SR2 on RB112 with 18 volts

Every SR card on a RB532 has burned up once more than 5 clients are connecting for more than a week.

CM9's have worked fine with 20+ customers on RB532's.

I caution everyone using 802.11 for PTMP - read the Mikrotik v Trango topic...

surfnet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:20 am

illiniwireless

how many clients are on the AP you are having trouble on? I am having same problem on radios with more the 40 clients on them. Mostly CB3s
here are the details of my problem
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=15434

rodneal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Same problem

Fri May 11, 2007 12:29 am

My problem was primarily with the Zcomanx and Tranzeo models.
I would loose my AP after 10-12 CPE clients would connect.

I could use all the other clients I wanted but anymore then that number and the AP would stop making any connections at all.

The AP is a PC system with SR5 backhauls and SR2 AP.

I've had no problem with Deliberant or Senao clients but the minute I start adding Zcomax and Tranzeo and get to that magic number 10-12 clients + all the others then the AP is down. I can have 40+ of the others and 9 Zcomax and all is OK but add 1-2 Zcomax and all hell breaks loose.
BTW - I think Zcomax makes the Tranzeo hardware.
I had a lot of problems with the Tranzeo 90s and called the company on the carpet about and they didn't want to talk to me so I looked up the part numbers and found Zcomax. I thought at first it was the Tranzeo firmware but now I'm thinking it was the hardware all along.

I can scan all day and see lots of other APs. The noise ratios are good and if I call my customers and have them unplug the power to the Zcomaxs then all others can connect. But they will not go online until that happens.
We reported this last October and nobody had an answer.

I would love a fix for this.

The quick fix is to put repeaters in the neighborhoods with the most Zcomaxs and point them at it. That breaks down the number of units pointing at the ailing AP. That fixed all my problems until we reached a saturation on those AP and then the same problem is breaking out now. I figured we have a solution by now.
Rod