Community discussions

MikroTik App

ajinder
just joined
Topic Author

QRT-2 compatibility with SXT Lite2 [Resolved]

Mon May 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Hello Everyone,

Recently i have installed a new QRT-2 as AP on my Tower as i had to provide two long distance connections to my clients already using SXT-Lite2. I have installed QRT with SXT as PTP links on 2Ghz Band B using all basic settings. The problem i am facing is that some times wireless connections of both the SXT 's get disconnected and doesnt get connected again unless i press the tick sign after selecting the wlan interface. Both the client end devices and QRT are updated and have latest ROS versions.

Is there any one using this kind of setting and is there any solution to it?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: QRT-2 compatibility with SXT Lite2

Tue May 27, 2014 9:58 am

What distance you have for this wireless link?
Did you use the Quickset PTP configuration mode to setup this link?
What do you see in the log file on the SXT board?
Try to reset the configuration of the wireless interface on both sides and check again.
We recommend to leave the default wireless settings and also leave the band setting to default b/g/n as the rate selection algorithm will automatically switch to lower data-rates.

ajinder
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 27, 2014 3:24 pm

The distance for this link is abt 3-4 Km.
I did not use PTP config. in quickset. Wireless is in AP Bridge mode with all basic configurations.Pic attached here.
In SXT side it shows wireless messages as shown in the pic.
i have tried using both B and mixed b/g/n settings but problem still persists. On your recommendation i had reset wireless config. of QRT and problem still persisted. I still had to flash the wireless so that stations could connect to it.

No matter what kind of configuration i do, the problem remains the same.
Plz suggest.
Last edited by ajinder on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue May 27, 2014 3:45 pm

please upgrade the RouterOS on QRT and on SXT Lite2 to RouterOS v6.13 and check again - it should be working ok with default configuration.

ajinder
just joined
Topic Author

Thu May 29, 2014 12:02 pm

There is considerable difference since i had performed the upgrade on QRT and SXT lite. Upgraded them to v6.13 on both of them. No problem since then. Should i upgrade all my routers like 433-711-911 from 5.2x to 6.13 for better performance.

Thanx for your advice.