MikroTik App

sasskass
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

WRT54G times are back...

Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:23 am

Hello Mikrotik Team!

We have been with you for a long time, but as the time goes on, we feel more and more, that the WRT times are coming back where you are going to sleep with good will and awake with 150~ missed calls - think this is not funny and not East Africa - its Europe, its 21 century!

When you buy a switch and pay for the promised features, then these features should work!!!

Every bugfix makes at least 3 new bugs and this saga goes on for years.

It is not a joke any more.

Dont know your company structure, R&D etc, but something is totally wrong there!

Note, that joke and business are incopatible things! Promiseing something means you take responibility as Cisco, Juniper, Ubiquiti etc.

P.S Think, im not going to tell you the reasons am writing - open your eyes and you will see !

Kind Regards

Aleksander

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: WRT54G times are back...

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:56 am

This topic lacks description of a particular problem.
Also you mention a switch, but write in the wireless section.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Such topics are really for nothing. Only real problem description is able to move us forward.

angboontiong
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:36 pm

as mikrotik practice, they not going to entertaint topic like this but they rather to develop something new.

sasskass
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:23 am

open your eyes, do you see such topics in ubnt forum ? or cisco forum ? - no, developing is one thing selling the crap in 21 century, where we have to struggle with 4g is loosing the real money while playing the wrt games...

as i said you promise features, but they are not working. we buy rb and loose money, is it logic ? - no, as we used to pay money to earn profit! think 99% buy mikrotik not for playing wrt games!

arguments ? ok:

wireless compared to competitive products - horrible
multicast/igmp snooping (fundamental feature in 21cent isp business) - faulty/missing

thats why i wrote!

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:51 am

For what company you work? Deliberant? TP-Link? Ubiquity? Ah, not! For Linksys!

>>>Dont know your company structure, R&D etc, but something is totally wrong there!

I'm happy, you are a good businessman than also work for some other big comanies, like Intel and you "know-how"...

>>>P.S Think, im not going to tell you the reasons am writing - open your eyes and you will see !

The classic syntax for create suspence... Is like one script for one show...

>>>do you see such topics in ubnt forum ? or cisco forum ?

Obviously not, try to write any similar to one complain and your post disappear and also your username...

Try yourself...

This is users forum, if you want contact MikroTik staff, write one email at the appropriate address.

And about your "cathastrophism", no one force you to use MikroTik.

If you are one Ubiquity (or other products) enthusiast, go and use it, no one of us want stop you to go away.

Best Snooping, without one standard...

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:37 am

rextended: I have to ask... Do you work for Mikrotik? Or are you the forum owner?
Because if you are not, I don't think you have any rights to bully people around or suggest them to leave.
On every occasion you act as the forum police officer. If you want to do this stuff, try to set up your own forum, play god there and leave the users (it is a user forum, isn't it) express themselves.
As long as the Mikrotik staff has nothing against these posts what is your problem?
In your own words, if you don't like it,
...no one of us want stop you to go away.
And yes, your grammar isn't perfect either, because you are Italian. No reason to brag about that.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:54 am

rextended: I have to ask... Do you work for Mikrotik? Or are you the forum owner?
Because if you are not, I don't think you have any rights to bully people around or suggest them to leave.
On every occasion you act as the forum police officer. If you want to do this stuff, try to set up your own forum, play god there and leave the users (it is a user forum, isn't it) express themselves.
As long as the Mikrotik staff has nothing against these posts what is your problem?
In your own words, if you don't like it,
...no one of us want stop you to go away.
And yes, your grammar isn't perfect either, because you are Italian. No reason to brag about that.
I express my opinions and suggestions as other members of the forum.

I suggested user to change, as it suggested MikroTik to change.

And if you read some of my bug report, you can see than some user criticize me for not have fix the problem!!!
It's clearly necessary to remember that on this forum also write users, and not just the MikroTik staff.

About the grammar, obviously is out of discussion, this forum is frequented worldwide...

docmarius, scuze,
thanks for the criticism, I do not want hurt you, you are a good member,
and next time I try to not be so hurting when I reply to some topic than instead try construct something,
the only purpose are complain.

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:54 am

Complaining is also a way to send messages to Mikrotik.
If users complain, there is usually a reason. And we could also benefit from it. All of us.
If a long time Mikrotik user like sasskass looses his temper, I would really look what's behind first.

Remember when the CCRs came out and it was a collective beta test financed by customers for a year or so?
Remember when CRSs where advertized as full functioning layer 3 switches and no one was able to set up a decent VLAN, not even a port mirroring?
Some people put there faith and money in it. And they wait, and wait... Some issues get fixed, some utterly ignored.
And I can only say I had my moments, when I would want to throw it all out of the window :lol:

So let's be more tolerant in such cases. They have their reasons.

sasskass
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:51 am

Complaining is also a way to send messages to Mikrotik.
If users complain, there is usually a reason. And we could also benefit from it. All of us.
If a long time Mikrotik user like sasskass looses his temper, I would really look what's behind first.

Remember when the CCRs came out and it was a collective beta test financed by customers for a year or so?
Remember when CRSs where advertized as full functioning layer 3 switches and no one was able to set up a decent VLAN, not even a port mirroring?
Some people put there faith and money in it. And they wait, and wait... Some issues get fixed, some utterly ignored.
And I can only say I had my moments, when I would want to throw it all out of the window :lol:

So let's be more tolerant in such cases. They have their reasons.
CCR and CRS is another carousel saga... but topic to another section

RogerWilco

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:06 am

Complaining with no information doesn't send any message. Your post just comes across as someone bitter having a rant.
Have you even contacted support with whatever your issue is?

sasskass
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:09 am

Complaining with no information doesn't send any message. Your post just comes across as someone bitter having a rant.
What do you want ? We are doing business, not R&D of MT bugs! Time is money and when we pay and loosing the customers we do not have time to wait! We have a network with thousands of clients and can compare mikrotik to anything in the market that a lot of people cant compare with here.

Neverending bugs existing from v3 till now and unanswered bug reports, or if you are lucky and got answer like "never ever" does not motivate to write...

RogerWilco

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:28 am

What do you want ? We are doing business, not R&D of MT bugs! Time is money and when we pay and loosing the customers we do not have time to wait! We have a network with thousands of clients and can compare mikrotik to anything in the market that a lot of people cant compare with here.

Neverending bugs existing from v3 till now and unanswered bug reports, or if you are lucky and got answer like "never ever" does not motivate to write...
If you're not getting a response, go and use another routing product. No one is forcing you to use MikroTik. What is this issue you are having? Why can you not simply post it in this thread?
I don't understand the 2nd half of your first and second sentences...

djdrastic

Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:59 pm

While Mikrotiks code review and (non existant) testing drives me up the wall sometimes please do not think that the grass is always greener on the other side.I'm currently fighting with an unnamed IPS/Firewall vendor whose products (costing over 10k USD each) completely stops all traffic and flat out crashes due to a suspected bad IPS/Viral/Firmware upgrade.

sasskass
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:09 am

not comparing mikrotik with "shenshen yellow mafia" mikrotik is on the market since 1997 and for a long time it was a good alternative to the high end products like uniper, colubris etc and trash like wrt54, jaht, chronos ;)
what i want to tell, is, that its 2014 not 1997 and feeling that mikrotik is wrt54 of 2014 i not a good feeling.

mikrotik must think seriously who they want to be!
Last edited by sasskass on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

sasskass
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:45 am

If you're not getting a response, go and use another routing product. No one is forcing you to use MikroTik. What is this issue you are having? Why can you not simply post it in this thread?
I don't understand the 2nd half of your first and second sentences...
yea ? dont forget, that we have allready invest in mt products for years and im not going to throw ~hundred thousand just away...
your suggestion not to use if you dont like sounds like noname producer suggestion. and yes, its not a secret, we are moving away step by step, cause its not 1997 and the customers needs are that mt cannot satisfire any more... and there are serious competitors on the market.

but my point was to pay attention to the mikrotik team - be on board!

sasskass
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:58 am

For what company you work? Deliberant? TP-Link? Ubiquity? Ah, not! For Linksys!

>>>Dont know your company structure, R&D etc, but something is totally wrong there!

I'm happy, you are a good businessman than also work for some other big comanies, like Intel and you "know-how"...

>>>P.S Think, im not going to tell you the reasons am writing - open your eyes and you will see !

The classic syntax for create suspence... Is like one script for one show...

>>>do you see such topics in ubnt forum ? or cisco forum ?

Obviously not, try to write any similar to one complain and your post disappear and also your username...

Try yourself...

This is users forum, if you want contact MikroTik staff, write one email at the appropriate address.

And about your "cathastrophism", no one force you to use MikroTik.

If you are one Ubiquity (or other products) enthusiast, go and use it, no one of us want stop you to go away.

Best Snooping, without one standard...
rememer, that cisco, uniper, hp procurve and every yellow L2 switch has it as a standard for a very long time, and standards are like law, made by human, not by god! big players like Telia believes evolution, not in god. if MT believes in god and callig snooping an evil as a feature :) :) :) - go on...

RogerWilco

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:22 am

You're not going to get any help by just ranting nonsense. You still haven't said what issue you're having, just vague jabbering about 1997.
I don't wish to be rude, but your English is not helping either. I still can't understand half of what your are putting.