Community discussions

MikroTik App

eagle520
just joined
Topic Author

wireless int. begins to time out during a ping test

Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:02 am

Hi guys,

Here's one for you. I have a 600 board Ver. 5.24 with 3 Ubiquiti radios. 5.8 backhaul, and two sr-2 radios. Currently one sr-2 is disabled and one has about a dozen clients.
The radio runs normal most of the time but occasionally the radio will start stalling and then it takes off again. I have gone to the tools and performed a ping test to see what it is doing and it will start the ping with low double digit times and suddenly climb by hundreds of ms. to where it will end up in a continuous time out on that client ping. If I go to another client and ping, it will also start out fine and then suddenly climb up to a time out as well. most of the time it will not recover without a reboot of the board, then it is usually fine again. ??? I had seen this once before years ago and never did resolve it....Anybody have an idea what the heck this is all about. Also when I get some medium traffic on the board the times climb up into the mid 3 digits. All over the map...

sonny
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: AW: wireless int. begins to time out during a ping test

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:38 am

Hi, we expirienced the same on heavy load, but only on bridged routers.
Are your wireless interfaces bridged with ethernet?
I have sent many supouts and videos to support last was some days before but no solution yet.
Increasing nv2 period size to 5 helps a bit.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Flyer P510e mit Tapatalk 2

eagle520
just joined
Topic Author

Re: wireless int. begins to time out during a ping test

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi Sonny,
Yes they are bridged. And at this point I am not running N-streme due to a variety of CPE manufacturers.
I have not been able to determine if it is the board or the sr-2 radio. It sure is causing me grief, in that it is a very remote site with a VPN client on it. getting booted several times a day.

sonny
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: AW: wireless int. begins to time out during a ping test

Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:56 am

It is on several boards, from rb711 up to rb600.

On one ap i solved the problem with changeing a faulty client.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Flyer P510e mit Tapatalk 2