Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

nuclearcat
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

spectrum "cloaking"

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:55 pm

Is there option in Mikrotik to set 5/10 Mhz spectrum width?
I so it in few messages, but seems there is no information in online manual.
Can anybody give idea?
We are going to buy big amount of boxes, so i want to be sure, all options, what i need - is available.

mperdue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:02 pm

Yes this is possible it's not done with the mikrotik o/s but rather the type of radio you are using. The radio card is what allows you to set this. So if you go to the winbox wireless interface and select the frequency box and the option is not listed then your radio can't do it. You will need to order a radio card that can.

Regards,
Michael

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:14 pm

nuclearcat, to view card options 'interface wireless info print', there you will see allowed bands and frequencies (e.g. 5ghz-5mhz-power-channels),

djape

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:44 am

If in your country regulations are allowing, you can also use custom frequencies. Offcourse you need to buy license from MT to be able to use it...
I drink like a pirate and smoke like a hippie...

polokus

Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:51 pm

nuclearcat, to view card options 'interface wireless info print', there you will see allowed bands and frequencies (e.g. 5ghz-5mhz-power-channels),
where is the detail infos on this power-channels? i cant find any infos about this power-channels on online manual page

to mikrotik: when will you update the wireless manual page to keep-up with current features ?

Thankyou

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:29 pm

polokus,
type 'interface wireless info print' in console, and you will see very detailed information about your wireless card.

djape

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:00 am

What version and license level you guys are using, this info with 5-10mhz channels can't be seen if you use older versions....
I drink like a pirate and smoke like a hippie...

polokus

Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:28 pm

polokus,
type 'interface wireless info print' in console, and you will see very detailed information about your wireless card.
well i need explanation of the feature and the difference with -5mhz and -10mhz is it stepping or channel width? if stepping why on the info page they list the supported frequency in 5mhz increment it's confusing..
Btw thanks to documentation team, i can see the explanation in the manual now, eventhough they are not updating the examples with current features

Thankyou