Community discussions

MikroTik App

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

problem linking 2 rb 112 whit atheros Atheros 5213

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:45 am

I all!!!!
I need some help to find the solution to link 2 rb 112 whit atheros Atheros 5213. I'm new with mikrotick and only need a basic poit to point connection, I was tried with every interfaces (web, console and winbox) but I can't find the correct setup.
I can ping whit mac's but not whit ip.
Is there a site whit a basic configuration that I can use to start mine?
Sorry if my english is not to well :(
I'll hope someone can help me!!!

cibernet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: problem linking 2 rb 112 whit atheros Atheros 5213

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:54 am

I all!!!!
I need some help to find the solution to link 2 rb 112 whit atheros Atheros 5213. I'm new with mikrotick and only need a basic poit to point connection, I was tried with every interfaces (web, console and winbox) but I can't find the correct setup.
I can ping whit mac's but not whit ip.
Is there a site whit a basic configuration that I can use to start mine?
Sorry if my english is not to well :(
I'll hope someone can help me!!!
Have you read the manual, wiki, forums????

An example...
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... o_Networks

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

re

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:05 am

not really, I had buy 2 devices last week and I m trying to do work using my knowledge in wireless, it is not very big je, I had intalled the devices one in ap-bridge mode other in station. I actually starting to look for information at saturday,and I haven't found nothing out this forum. Mikrotik is a complete OS and very powefull, I see, but my targets are only the basics.

cibernet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: re

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:10 am

and I haven't found nothing out this forum
Well, you should read it.... here's the link http://www.mikrotik.com/docs/ros/2.9/

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:17 am

well, sorry, I want to say out of this site. I have found the manual of mikrotik, but is very large to study and I need a solution quikly. I'll do now the config that you send me in the previous post, but if you now how to do that the devices works one in ap mode and the other in station mode I like you send me that.
Very VERY thanks

cibernet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:22 am

well, sorry, I want to say out of this site. I have found the manual of mikrotik, but is very large to study and I need a solution quikly. I'll do now the config that you send me in the previous post, but if you now how to do that the devices works one in ap mode and the other in station mode I like you send me that.
Very VERY thanks
If you're looking a complete solution, i can do it, but, of course no FREE...

Regards...

P.D.: Study... and read, its all in the manual...

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 am

Well, Thank you very much. If the solution work, It can save me for a time. Time that I can use to study the manual. ;)
Thanks for your support

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:08 pm

I had tyied whit the config in http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... o_Networks and it dosn't work. I suppose that the page have some bugs, because I don't obtain the results showing there, in addition when I add the bridge port using winbox, the connection via ethernet was lost, and Ican access to it in no way. I had configured the rest using the console cable, but isn't work too.
I guess that in step 4 "4. Check whether the WDS link is established in WinBox" in lacking something, because the interface wds1 don't appears automatically. I had add this using the console, but I didn't obtain no success.
Please I will be thankful of any help.

cibernet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:22 pm

I had tyied whit the config in http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... o_Networks and it dosn't work. I suppose that the page have some bugs, because I don't obtain the results showing there, in addition when I add the bridge port using winbox, the connection via ethernet was lost, and Ican access to it in no way. I had configured the rest using the console cable, but isn't work too.
I guess that in step 4 "4. Check whether the WDS link is established in WinBox" in lacking something, because the interface wds1 don't appears automatically. I had add this using the console, but I didn't obtain no success.
If you follow step by step, the wiki post, you should not have any problems (there isn't any bug)...

Regards

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:31 pm

I follow step by stepand dosn't work!

oriondotnet
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:47 pm

Can you post your config here.. so we can help you..

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:58 pm

"doesn't work" is not a problem description. can you elaborate?

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:22 pm

In the previous post I explain the issues, ethernet ip don't respond after step 2, and setting up the rest of the steps don't let me see nor the ethernet ip neither the bridge ip, and in console I don't see never the client associated. I don't remember more in this moment, but if you have any question please send it to me. I have both devices near of trashbasket...

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:54 pm

Sorry, in the previous post I say"ethernet ip don't respond after step 2", it isn't right, the ethernet stop to reply after add the bridge port using winbox in the step 1. I was made the rest of the config using console port. I'll post the configuration in the afternoon now I'm in my regular work.
Thanks all for your help!

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:17 pm

There is something that confuse me, in the page http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpare ... o_Networks, in the image:bridge the ethernet interface (lan) show addess 10.0.0.0/24, but in Image:Transparently Bridge 1.jpg the winbox's title bar it show admin 192.168.0.1. Is this correct? I had put an address from 10.0.0.0/24 in each ether.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:21 pm

don't look at the image title bar, it is just an example.

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:26 pm

Well is the image is correct I don't know what is the problem... I'd tried using other subnets, an other addresses, but any time I add the bridge port using winbox in the step 1 I lost the ether connection... Any suggest?

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:21 pm

Have you thought of the "usual suspects"?

I.e. if you are connected to the router via an interface (an its' ip address) and put that interface into a bridge, it's NORMAL to loose ip connectivity (shortly), because
a) the MAC address for that ip might change and
b) the bridge will put interfaces into "listen only" mode for some time.

So if you loose connectivity with your box in this case, just wait about 30 seconds and try to connect again.

Does that solve your problem?

Best regards,
Christian Meis

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:11 pm

cmit says
Have you thought of the "usual suspects"?

I.e. if you are connected to the router via an interface (an its' ip address) and put that interface into a bridge, it's NORMAL to loose ip connectivity (shortly), because
a) the MAC address for that ip might change and
b) the bridge will put interfaces into "listen only" mode for some time.

So if you loose connectivity with your box in this case, just wait about 30 seconds and try to connect again.

Does that solve your problem?
I'd wait very more time that 30 seconds, and ip the connectivity doesn't return. I'd too probed pinging bridge ip, but nothing again. Using netscan I don't see nothing connected. :(?

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:29 pm

well, I'm here again still don't running. How must I post the configs? Have I to execute export and put the output here?

cibernet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:49 am

well, I'm here again still don't running. How must I post the configs? Have I to execute export and put the output here?
yes

carrot
just joined

I can help! If it`s only pebkac.

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:56 pm

Connect you`r rb`s to ISP link set IP on public IF and email me that ip along with description what config you want to see at the end.
After that transfer to my bank account $10 for job and viola!
Otherwise RTFM!

jimmy230
just joined

hola indito

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:28 pm

do you spepeak spanish I my be able to help you
ok
just let me know a little

solo dime que es lo que deceas hacer que tipo de enlace ok
saludos

indito66
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:48 pm

gracias jimmy230, lo unico que queria era realizar un enlace cualquiera para comprobar la calida de estos equipospero siguiendo las instrucciones del wiki...etc no logre que se enlazaran, en realidad se enlazan hasta elnivel de mac pero no de ip, ya que puedo hacer ping mediandte las macs pero no a las ip, ademas los equipos ven al otro asociado, y se puede entrar a traves del winbox pero no a traves de telnet (ya que este trabaja a nivel ip).Bueno no se que mas necesitariasque te dijera. En realida ya deje estos equipos de lado pero no estaria de mas el aprender a configurarlos
Desde Ya Gracias!!!

brasileottanta
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:14 pm

If you follow step by step, the wiki post, you should not have any problems (there isn't any bug)...

Regards
Hi , i read , this is simple ,but if the AP is not a mikrotik ? and not support WDS ? In my case , I have a AP ( no mikrotik and no WDS ) and i want to bridge with a mikrotik , any suggestion ? And the DHCP Server is on AP side ...

Thank's ..