Community discussions

MikroTik App

xraver
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless bridge and AP

Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi there!
This is my first entry in this forum, so i would like to say Hi to everyone and a big thanks to all the people who contribute here.
I recently bought two routerboards with 2 atheros minipci to both boards. I need to make the following configuration:

On routerboard1 the internet access is connect to lan via ether1, the wlan2 needs to be an AP and the wlan1 needs to be a station to establish a bridge from wlan1 on the second routerboard.
On the second routerboard, i want to make wlan1 to connect do the wlan1 on the routerboard1, and wlan2 needs to be an AP.

The problem is that when i take the ethernet cable from routerboard2, i don´t have routing to routerboard1.
I´ve been looking in the manual and in the forum for information and found the wds solution. After configuring wds, i still can´t make this work. Is there any tutorial or anybody can give me some help, pls?

scheme:

Internet <-> ADSLRouter <-> LAN <-> Routerboard1 ether1 <-> Routerboard1 wlan1 <-> Routerboard2 wlan1 <-> Routerboard2 wlan2 (AP)

Thanks for the help in advance,

Sandro Moreira

cibernet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Wireless bridge and AP

Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:36 am

Hi there!
This is my first entry in this forum, so i would like to say Hi to everyone and a big thanks to all the people who contribute here.
I recently bought two routerboards with 2 atheros minipci to both boards. I need to make the following configuration:

On routerboard1 the internet access is connect to lan via ether1, the wlan2 needs to be an AP and the wlan1 needs to be a station to establish a bridge from wlan1 on the second routerboard.
On the second routerboard, i want to make wlan1 to connect do the wlan1 on the routerboard1, and wlan2 needs to be an AP.

The problem is that when i take the ethernet cable from routerboard2, i don´t have routing to routerboard1.
I´ve been looking in the manual and in the forum for information and found the wds solution. After configuring wds, i still can´t make this work. Is there any tutorial or anybody can give me some help, pls?

scheme:

Internet <-> ADSLRouter <-> LAN <-> Routerboard1 ether1 <-> Routerboard1 wlan1 <-> Routerboard2 wlan1 <-> Routerboard2 wlan2 (AP)

Thanks for the help in advance,

Sandro Moreira
Check in the wiki, in there you will find some examples, also on the manual you have a couple of them too..

Regards