Community discussions

MikroTik App

deanMKD1
Topic Author

Strange "Limited Connectivity" if i facing away from router?

Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:14 am

Hi !

I have one strange problem with my RB951Ui-2NhD router on wireless. I set my PPoe connection, and when i`m close to router everything its ok, i have great network coverage and internet too. But problem start when i facing away from router (go down on the first floor on my house). There i have 4 bars network coverage, but yellow "!" show me on network, and cannot open nothing. When get my notebook and go close to therouter, i return my internet connection. I forget to tell you i have RouterOS 6.20 on my RB currently. What`s the problem here.?

Tnx for answers. :?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Strange "Limited Connectivity" if i facing away from rou

Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:56 pm

limited connectivity usually means you are still connected to the router with wireless, but you have no IP address (or your PPPoE connection dropped).

Have you checked the "log" in RouterOS ? What errors do you see there ?

Quindor

Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:55 pm

From your description this does not seem like a wireless problem with your Routerboard but rather with your Netbook. It probably still knows a different network you tried or used in the past and automatically connects to it when you get close. Try and clear this list and also see if that is what is happening.

Did you setup your PPPOE on the routerboard or do you run it on your laptop?

If it connects and works fine when close to the router there is no reason why it wouldn't when being a little but further away but still with 4 bars.

deanMKD1
Topic Author

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi !

I inspected detally this issue, and looks like it is user configuration error. Tnx for answers. Thread can be locked. :)

deanMKD1
Topic Author

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Problem solved !! User set Antenna Gain 2 dB, and for that probably link was unstable. Tnx for your answers. Thread can be closed.