Community discussions

MikroTik App

raptorx
just joined
Topic Author

HotSpot different pool for trial users

Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:35 pm

Hello, here's the case:
I have one hotspot network which runs both simple trial function and user manager. I want trial users to use different pool from these on the UM (paid users). I see there's option for Trial User Profile in the server's profile so I made an user profile and have set in the address pool field the other pool. Here's the situation: http://puu.sh/eGIPh/0f05943ff7.png
192.168.0.x is my paid pool and 192.168.2.x is my free one. So the log says I'm logged but my device doesn't get access to internet (and it's IP stays on the paid pool). What do I have to do on the DHCP settings?

lucky79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: HotSpot different pool for trial users

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:31 pm

Hello,

there is no way you can differentiate trial and paid users within one physical network. You need to create a separate virtual AP or use different vlan for trial users, e.g. if you use the same device for wireless AP and hotspot, create a new virtual AP SSID called for example "your-hotspot-name-trial", assign different hotspot profile/ip pool to this interface and let your trial users connect to this SSID.

czolo

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:57 am

I;m thinking that it may be possible
You can configure a hotspot with pool1, and than you can enable trial inserver profile, and add another profile for trial-users with pool2. It should work, but you have to check it.

lucky79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:27 am

But how would the DHCP server recognize if you are paid or trial user when assigning the IP address? I guess this will not work, you define the address pool in the Servers tab, not profile. And its impossible to have 2 hotspot servers working independetly on one interface.