Community discussions

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CAPSMANv2 loop when wifi client switches between APs with same SSID

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:02 pm

Hello,

I get lots of "bridge port received packet with own address as source address, probably loop." interface,warning in log. This happens when a WiFI client switches between APs with same SSID in a building. Sometimes this brings the connection down (probably rstp) for long enough that CAP timeouts connection to CAPSMANv2, disconnects and looses all of its clients which I find very annoying. Any suggestions how to avoid this? I would still like to use rstp if possible.

JF.

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: CAPSMANv2 loop when wifi client switches between APs with same SSID

Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:03 pm

For now I have enabled local forwarding on all APs and the problem is gone ... with capsman forwarding I could not get ride of those loop warnings. I tried bridge horizon 1, stp isolation ... nothing worked.

JF.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:29 pm

could you email support@mikrotik.com and include a support output file from the CAPsMAN when the problem is happening?
Also how are the CAPs connecting to the CAPsMAN - via IP or via MAC?

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:07 pm

could you email support@mikrotik.com and include a support output file from the CAPsMAN when the problem is happening?
I currently do not dare to test because customers are still quite pissed off .... will do so after few weeks pass ... giving it a thought about my network I think proxy-arp bridge setting could be the culprit but I need it because of my ipsec/l2tp setup for roadwarriors so local forwarding might be the only option for my setup.

JF.

keepsake
just joined

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:59 pm

I currently do not dare to test because customers are still quite pissed off .... will do so after few weeks pass ... giving it a thought about my network I think proxy-arp bridge setting could be the culprit but I need it because of my ipsec/l2tp setup for roadwarriors so local forwarding might be the only option for my setup.

JF.
Hi,
On the CAP devices->section Bridge->tab Ports->Take away the wlan1 (and wlan2) from bridge
Now you can turn off local forwarding

ognjen

Sat May 26, 2018 1:07 pm

JF.
Hi,
On the CAP devices->section Bridge->tab Ports->Take away the wlan1 (and wlan2) from bridge
Now you can turn off local forwarding
That is it. My problem is gone. Ty
Be careful with MikroTik Firewall because you can cut the line [yourself - MikroTik] :shock: