Community discussions

MikroTik App

soamz
Topic Author

SXT Lite 5 Purchase Issue

Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:43 am

Hi, its Soam from india. Im planning to start my WISP service next month, so started looking for dealers to purchase my goods. Since, my first month target is 300 customers, I wanted to place an order for 400 SXT Lite5 for the customers.

But when I contacted 2 dealers in india, they say, there is no warranty on it and this device is buggy and gets dead in 2-3 months.

So, whats the use of it now ?
Really confused, how could they say so, or is it really with Microtik SXT Lite5 not that reliable device ?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

SXT Lite 5 Purchase Issue

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:40 am

It is definitely not true. As always bad things can happen, but sxt is generally reliable device. As the warranty is normally held by distributor according to local law, it depends on your regulations and your ability to negotiate with them. Mikrotik also offers warranty if you are able to send the faulty device directly to them to Latvia. But you should agree with the distributors on conditions acceptable for you or don't buy from them...

soamz
Topic Author

Re: SXT Lite 5 Purchase Issue

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:45 am

It is definitely not true. As always bad things can happen, but sxt is generally reliable device. As the warranty is normally held by distributor according to local law, it depends on your regulations and your ability to negotiate with them. Mikrotik also offers warranty if you are able to send the faulty device directly to them to Latvia. But you should agree with the distributors on conditions acceptable for you or don't buy from them...
Looks like the dealer is importing it illegally then.
Better I import it myself from Latvia and will send it back to them with fedex, whenever I have an issue.

skik009

Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:06 pm

Dear All,
You can contact support@happynet.in for this.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:12 pm

Hi, its Soam from india. Im planning to start my WISP service next month, so started looking for dealers to purchase my goods. Since, my first month target is 300 customers, I wanted to place an order for 400 SXT Lite5 for the customers.

But when I contacted 2 dealers in india, they say, there is no warranty on it and this device is buggy and gets dead in 2-3 months.

So, whats the use of it now ?
Really confused, how could they say so, or is it really with Microtik SXT Lite5 not that reliable device ?
Please contact MikroTik support (support@mikrotik.com) and provide us with more information about distributor company that refused warranty to you.

Note, MikroTik warrants all RouterBOARD series equipment for the term of twelve (12) months from the shipping date to be free of defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service, except in case of damage caused by mechanical, electrical or other accidental or intended damages caused by improper use or due to wind, rain, fire or other acts of nature.

It applies for RouterBOARDs, that are purchased from us directly (by distributors), in order to reduce shipping costs and handling issues.

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:31 pm

I don't have to many mikrotik's but from about ~50 SXT, none is broken and since I use mikrotik only 2 boards (one 750 and one 750gl) where broken because of thunder storms. I have never returned for waranty. But from ubiquity, almost half where broken, dead lan and bad memory.

soamz
Topic Author

Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:36 am

Okay, who are the official distributors or resellers of Microtik in India ?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am

Here is the list,
http://www.mikrotik.com/buy/asia/india

You can contact us privately and share information by support@mikrotik.com