Community discussions

MikroTik App

Aegis13
just joined
Topic Author

CAPsMAN issue with some CAPs.

Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:47 am

I have a CAPsMAN setup with 12 CAPs. I'm using 6.28 version. The CAPsMAN is CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD, the CAPs are BaseBox2 RB912UAG-2HPnD-OUT. Simple setup no VLANs, one queue.

I followed the setup info from this site: http://blog.gowifi.co.nz/2014/03/introd ... rotik.html

A few of the CAPs don't function right. Leasing an IP takes forever, once connected data rate is slow, 2-3 minutes to load google. There were 2 that this was happening on, then after upgrading from 6.23 to 6.28 another one is now malfunctioning.

Tomorrow I'll pull the malfunctioning ones and reset and reconfigure them. Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone have ideas on how to troubleshoot other than factory reset, complete reconfigure?

Thank you

Aegis13
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CAPsMAN issue with some CAPs.

Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:10 am

UPDATE: It looks like what happened is that the radios on the CAPs shut down. When pulled the APs the wireless light was off. I'm not sure with this was an issue with the push update from 6.23 to 6.28, a power outage issue, or something else.

Is there any reason a BaseBox 2 would turn off the radio?

After pulling the BaseBoxes, resetting to factory default and reconfiguring them, they've been working fine.