Community discussions

MikroTik App

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Very slow Wifi on Beach, need help on this.

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:21 pm

scenario Hotspot Server > Switch > OmniTIK U-5HnD"Bridge" >SXT Lite5"cpe bridge" switch Ap1 -Ap2
Ap-1 and Ap-2 are RB QRT G-2SHPnD and set to tx.power "20".

i have other Ap connected to the same network that work great , just not in the beach.

have attached some pictures that may help someone to help me.
im sufferin with those two Ap. and need help

Regards
Kaltersia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spaxton
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Very slow Wifi on Beach, need help on this.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:03 am

Have You tried to change freqency? Scan?

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:08 am

check ccq

do a spectrum scan to detect possible interference, try disabling 64qam datarates

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:13 am

Measure the speed right behind the sxt to see where is the bottleneck.

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:46 am

Have You tried to change freqency? Scan?
wich frequency you mean , the frequency of the Ap1 and Ap2 ! yes i have changed the frequency, i have tried even channel 13 . same results.
i have changed frequencies of the OmniTIK U-5HnD"Bridge" >SXT Lite5"cpe bridge" still same .

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re:

Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Measure the speed right behind the sxt to see where is the bottleneck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:40 pm

does the sea interfere in any way on 2.4 ghz frequency ?

because, mornings and at night it works, not as it supposed to work but it works .

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:38 pm

as i have done some test the problem is " client to ap" :/

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:57 pm

I thought it. You should ensure your clients will be connected only when the signal is good. Otherwise one bad client is able to influence all others connected to the same Ap.

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re:

Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:37 pm

I thought it. You should ensure your clients will be connected only when the signal is good. Otherwise one bad client is able to influence all others connected to the same Ap.

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:40 pm

there is another thing, in the beach are more than 1000 smartphones in the area. everyone got a smartphone today.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:35 pm

Maybe you can try to rise the signal threshold to accept later and disconnect sooner. You have to make more tryouts at such places. Maybe you should make more smaller cells.

nkourtzis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:32 pm

I have a very similar problem, at a small hotel. Two baseboxes (2.4GHz) were covering it just fine since Summer 2014. Two weeks ago, I upgraded them from 6.1X to the latest stable and shortly after, complaints started coming in about very low speeds. Indeed, I noticed high ping jitter and low speeds when many devices connect. One of the APs is performing slightly better than the other. I am still trying to figure out the reason. Problem is, I am not sure whether the upgrade caused the problem and I also do not remember what the previous version was (my bad, I know, but I did not really expect to downgrade with so many versions difference...)

Question: instead of completely rejecting poor signal clients, is there a way to use features/parameters such as frame-lifetime and others, to prevent them from bogging down the network?

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:01 pm

changed from bridge to router, nothing changed for good.
clients can't even get an ip from dhcp server

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:07 pm

You are not sharing the broadcasting domain probably when routing. Run dhcp server on the Ap or use the dhcp relay.

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:13 pm

i think i'ts the sea, the more away from sea the Ap's are the better signal the clients get.
as i can see and think there is no solution to this .

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:01 pm

What is the distance of connected mobiles? You should keep it within the very close range, let say at 30m maximum if you would like to have more mobiles connected and working. The best way is to turn down the Ap power in order to hide the Ap against far clients. If you want to cover wide area use sector antennas or make many small cells with cheap Ap devices like hap lite for example. Then you should think more about network structure and about capsman that you can find it handy.

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re:

Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:34 pm

What is the distance of connected mobiles? You should keep it within the very close range, let say at 30m maximum if you would like to have more mobiles connected and working. The best way is to turn down the Ap power in order to hide the Ap against far clients. If you want to cover wide area use sector antennas or make many small cells with cheap Ap devices like hap lite for example. Then you should think more about network structure and about capsman that you can find it handy.

distance its around 10-40 m. power of Ap is set to 18. Ap's arehttp://routerboard.com/RBQRTG-2SHPnD "QRT 2"
how do i set Ap's in capsman to use Ce = 20/40MHz-ht-above........... if i try to use both 20/40MHz i get unsuported channel.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:33 pm

i think use of 40mhz channels on that scenario is not optimal.

try 20mhz channel first, when you have 20mhz setup running well then go to optimize for 40mhz (not recommended for 2.4ghz)

try with lower tx power because qrt has a high gain (17dbi) antenna you can try even with 5dbm tx power and the reception will be good, this to help clients to use the correct datarate

+1 on jarda idea of lower the aiming of accesspoint to avoid reaching too far clients and receiving far noise sources, aiming lower the accesspoint to the most important spot of clients

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:28 am

[quote="chechito"]i think use of 40mhz channels on that scenario is not optimal.

try 20mhz channel first, when you have 20mhz setup running well then go to optimize for 40mhz (not recommended for 2.4ghz)

i already use 20mhz, is there a way to the use of both 20/40mhz .

kaltersia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:10 pm

thanks to everyone for their help , i removed the Ap's today from beach. i need to cover more area as just 20m , i can't tell my costumers to go to the Ap to use it.