Community discussions

MikroTik App

moshtaqahmed
just joined
Topic Author

Singnal Strenth -91 db on 7Km link

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:06 pm

Hi there,

I am surprised to see -91 db signal strength on 7km distance. I am using MT532 in one side and MT112 on the other. Both side I am using NMP 8602 senao card. I tested cable and antenna positions - there is no problem.Sites are clearly lOS. Please assist me.

Here is the configuration

name="Mbb2K" mtu=1500 mac-address=00:02:6F:40:75:1F arp=enabled disable-running-check=no
interface-type=Atheros AR5413 radio-name="00026F40751F" mode=bridge ssid="Mb2Kelly" area="Finance Building"
frequency-mode=manual-txpower country=no_country_set antenna-gain=27 frequency=5180 band=5ghz scan-list=default
rate-set=configured supported-rates-b=1Mbps supported-rates-a/g=6Mbps basic-rates-b=1Mbps basic-rates-a/g=6Mbps
max-station-count=2007 ack-timeout=66 tx-power=26 tx-power-mode=all-rates-fixed noise-floor-threshold=default
periodic-calibration=default burst-time=disabled dfs-mode=none antenna-mode=ant-a wds-mode=disabled
wds-default-bridge=none wds-ignore-ssid=no update-stats-interval=disabled default-authentication=yes
default-forwarding=yes default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0 hide-ssid=no security-profile=default
disconnect-timeout=3s on-fail-retry-time=100ms preamble-mode=both compression=no allow-sharedkey=no

wildbill442
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:11 pm

Do you have the correct Antenna Mode set? That's really the only software setting that could be wrong. The rest is just varifying the physical layer..

http://www.mikrotik.com/docs/ros/2.9/in ... ent#4.13.2

moshtaqahmed
just joined
Topic Author

I checked Antenna - there is no problem

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:40 pm

Is there anyway - to diagnosis where I may made the mistake ? Or it is the behavior of Seano cards ?

moshtaqahmed
just joined
Topic Author

I changed the antena - still the same

Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:55 pm

Hi,

thanks for your suggestion. I changed the antean from a to b. now there is no signal.

Moshtaq

taloot
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:27 am

:) :?

jarosoup
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:06 am

Reset your config and try it with default power settings on your radio (ie, don't change anything). I've also read that reducing the transmit power to 23dB helps. You might want to search around for this particular Senao radio as many have had issues with them.

moshtaqahmed
just joined
Topic Author

My vendor also accepted the problem in the card

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:24 pm

Hi there,

thanks for your reply. My vendor Miro also accepted the problem. I need to change all cards now. Can you suggest which card is best for 2.4 and 5.8 ? ( The question is relevent - as we are facing too much problems of senao cards.. and really do not know why the same chipset from different vendors are different problems.)

rickard
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: My vendor also accepted the problem in the card

Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:44 am

Hi there,

thanks for your reply. My vendor Miro also accepted the problem. I need to change all cards now. Can you suggest which card is best for 2.4 and 5.8 ? ( The question is relevent - as we are facing too much problems of senao cards.. and really do not know why the same chipset from different vendors are different problems.)
Hi check your setting on antenna-gain!!(antenna-gain=27 ) to have 27db is like your Senao card is on 26 db TX power that mean a signal that is
-1db ! . so thats your problem :-)

//Rickard

moshtaqahmed
just joined
Topic Author

Exchanged NMP by SR5 - new problem has started

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:09 pm

thanks for your suggestions.

I checked my settings on antenna-gain. there was no change. Now I changed my NMP card to SR5 cards. However, last two days I could not even see the bridge from the station. here is my settings

name="Mb2Kelly" mtu=1500 mac-address=00:15:6D:53:24:BE arp=enabled
disable-running-check=no interface-type=Atheros AR5213
radio-name="00156D5324BE" mode=bridge ssid="Mb2Kelly" area=""
frequency-mode=manual-txpower country=no_country_set antenna-gain=53
frequency=5180 band=5ghz-10mhz scan-list=default rate-set=configured
supported-rates-a/g=6Mbps basic-rates-a/g=6Mbps max-station-count=2007
ack-timeout=dynamic tx-power-mode=default noise-floor-threshold=default
periodic-calibration=default periodic-calibration-interval=60
burst-time=disabled dfs-mode=none antenna-mode=ant-a wds-mode=disabled
wds-default-bridge=none wds-default-cost=100 wds-cost-range=50-150
wds-ignore-ssid=no update-stats-interval=10s default-authentication=yes
default-forwarding=yes default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0
proprietary-extensions=pre-2.9.25 hide-ssid=no security-profile=default
disconnect-timeout=6s on-fail-retry-time=100ms preamble-mode=both
compression=no allow-sharedkey=no

I kept the same Antenna and Pigtail. however, I can not see any singal in the client side. Please advise me what to do ...

rickard
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:21 pm

Hi!

Check your settings on Antenna gain !,you have put in this "antenna-gain=53" !!! that totaly wrong! put in 0 then stuff starts to working :-)
Or to a reset of your client CPE and start all over with default settings.

This is my setting on one Ap for 5 Ghz. check my settings on Antenna gain ! This AP conects with a R52 cards 22 km away :-)

0 R name="wlan1" mtu=1500 mac-address=00:0C:42:05:1C:07 arp=enabled disable-running-check=no
interface-type=Atheros AR5413 radio-name="RBVTO5" mode=ap-bridge ssid="RBVTO5" area=""
frequency-mode=regulatory-domain country=sweden antenna-gain=0 frequency=5300 band=5ghz scan-list=default
rate-set=default supported-rates-b=1Mbps,2Mbps,5.5Mbps,11Mbps
supported-rates-a/g=6Mbps,9Mbps,12Mbps,18Mbps,24Mbps,36Mbps,48Mbps,54Mbps basic-rates-b=1Mbps
basic-rates-a/g=6Mbps max-station-count=2007 ack-timeout=dynamic tx-power-mode=default
noise-floor-threshold=default periodic-calibration=default periodic-calibration-interval=60 burst-time=disabled
dfs-mode=none antenna-mode=ant-a wds-mode=disabled wds-default-bridge=none wds-default-cost=100
wds-cost-range=50-150 wds-ignore-ssid=no update-stats-interval=disabled default-authentication=yes
default-forwarding=yes default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0 hide-ssid=no security-profile=default
disconnect-timeout=3s on-fail-retry-time=100ms preamble-mode=both compression=no allow-sharedkey=n
//Rickard

moshtaqahmed
just joined
Topic Author

I checked Antenna gain...

Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:22 am

thanks,

I checked antenna gain and set to 0. however the problem remains the same. I used receive signal using Senao NMP 8602 cards. there were some problem in 5Ghz. I had changed the card. I replaced by SR5. Now I am not getting any signal. I scanned .. there is nothing. I have seen some people are saying to use WDS. Does it require to implement WDS in SR5 P2P bridge ? Please advice me.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Exchanged NMP by SR5 - new problem has started

Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:46 pm

thanks for your suggestions.

I checked my settings on antenna-gain. there was no change. Now I changed my NMP card to SR5 cards. However, last two days I could not even see the bridge from the station. here is my settings

name="Mb2Kelly" mtu=1500 mac-address=00:15:6D:53:24:BE arp=enabled
disable-running-check=no interface-type=Atheros AR5213
radio-name="00156D5324BE" mode=bridge ssid="Mb2Kelly" area=""
frequency-mode=manual-txpower country=no_country_set antenna-gain=53
frequency=5180 band=5ghz-10mhz scan-list=default rate-set=configured
supported-rates-a/g=6Mbps basic-rates-a/g=6Mbps max-station-count=2007
ack-timeout=dynamic tx-power-mode=default noise-floor-threshold=default
periodic-calibration=default periodic-calibration-interval=60
burst-time=disabled dfs-mode=none antenna-mode=ant-a wds-mode=disabled
wds-default-bridge=none wds-default-cost=100 wds-cost-range=50-150
wds-ignore-ssid=no update-stats-interval=10s default-authentication=yes
default-forwarding=yes default-ap-tx-limit=0 default-client-tx-limit=0
proprietary-extensions=pre-2.9.25 hide-ssid=no security-profile=default
disconnect-timeout=6s on-fail-retry-time=100ms preamble-mode=both
compression=no allow-sharedkey=no

I kept the same Antenna and Pigtail. however, I can not see any singal in the client side. Please advise me what to do ...
Please do a '/system reset' on both routers and then configure the minimum configuration like frequency, mode, band and then look how it is working.

GWISA

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:54 pm

Check your band settings too - are you sure you have 5GHz-10MHz set on both sides?

Why use this channel spacing setting at all? Is the spectrum that cluttered? Use the 5GHz standard band.

Rather use as uldis says, the minimum requirement & all should be fine.

What gain antennas are you using? you should be able to connect 7km with 14dBi patch antennas on 2.4 very easily, or 24dBi grids on 5.8 with signal strengths in the upper -70's (AFAI remember)

8)

moshtaqahmed
just joined
Topic Author

Thanks - the community

Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:37 pm

Dear respodents,

I am thanking all of you for great supports. Today, I identified the problem or confusion. I did WDS bridge and wds-station, I was able to receive good signal. I do not know why just usual bridge and station did not worked out. I would be more happy..

I am using 27 dbi grid antenna and today I checked at a distance of 3 km I was able to receive -70 db... although I did not positioned the antenna properly... Anyway, tomorrow I will go to Mountain and set the network again. hope everything will work fine... our team was little bit frustrated with NMP 8602 card... and also SR5 - as it was giving problems.

thanks again..

Moshtaq

GWISA

Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:44 am

note that using 27dBi antennas both sides, you should get VERY good signal strengths. You could clear 30km with no problem.

If Miro is your supplier, then why not try the substantially cheaper CM9 cards? they perform very well...

Also, set your supported rates a/g to 'default' until you get the link up - you should be able to get full 54mbps on such a short link

8)