MikroTik App

amt
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Dude Take System system identity for device name

Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi all,

is there any way to get system identity and add it to device name in dude ?

Thanks

tnarnold
just joined

Re: Dude Take System system identity for device name

Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:43 am

Yes! of course... I think the better way is change the variable on label. Right click on device -> appearance -> at the general tab you should to see a field "Label". Change the [Device.Name] to use the OID function [oid("iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysName.0")]

amt
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:10 am

Yes! of course... I think the better way is change the variable on label. Right click on device -> appearance -> at the general tab you should to see a field "Label". Change the [Device.Name] to use the OID function [oid("iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysName.0")]
Hi,

thank you very much for your help.. I delete [Device.Name] at label field and i write only [oid("iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysName.0")] but it did not work... :(

tnarnold
just joined

Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:28 pm

Make sure you have the SNMP enabled on your mikrotik device.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:07 am

Another alternative IF you are using ROS login. In label appearance use ros_command function: Identity: [ros_command(":put [/system identity get name]")]

amt
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:38 pm

Another alternative IF you are using ROS login. In label appearance use ros_command function: Identity: [ros_command(":put [/system identity get name]")]

Thats better for me :) and its worked. Thank you verymuch...

miguelangelfelix
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:55 am

Hi, both options on the dude monitor works good, this one you say and with "oid" option too i got correct device name, but i have a detail when i try to send a notification with these, for example email or telegram dont work i get the "command line parameter" in the notification message, so i have to use "Device.name" variable in notification it results as "device ip address" thats the problem.

my question, is there a way to get the value with function and put it on Device name field? i think it would be awesome thanks!!

amdemon
just joined

Thu May 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Tengo el mismo problema y me gustaria que grabe en Device.Name el nombre del dispositivo y no la ip.

I have the same problem and would like to record the name of the device in Device.Name and not the ip.

amdemon
just joined

Thu May 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi, both options on the dude monitor works good, this one you say and with "oid" option too i got correct device name, but i have a detail when i try to send a notification with these, for example email or telegram dont work i get the "command line parameter" in the notification message, so i have to use "Device.name" variable in notification it results as "device ip address" thats the problem.

my question, is there a way to get the value with function and put it on Device name field? i think it would be awesome thanks!!
I have the same problem and would like to record the name of the device in Device.Name and not the ip.

veljko
just joined

Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Me too :)

JavierTF
just joined

Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:54 am

I have written a script that takes the name of the devices discovered in dude (the IP) and contrasts them with the devices that appear in the list of neigbour, if it locates them, it replaces its name with the value of identity.

The problem is that devices that do not appear in neigbor list (such as ubiquiti's edgeswitch) will not be updated

hope to be helpful
:local neighbor;
:foreach device in=[/dude device find] do={
    :set neighbor [/ip neighbor find address=[/dude device get $device name]];
    if ($neighbor != "") do={
       /dude device set $device name=[/ip neighbor get $neighbor value-name=identity];
    }
}

G007
just joined

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:11 pm

I have tested the script and it works great. is there a way in pulling the IP address as well to the Identity so that the dude update this automatically?

We use over 250 OVPN connections and they change constantly if there is a lot of disconnections.

drodecker
just joined

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:05 pm

Displaying the device identity in RouterOS is not happening.
The above instructions for Appearance only affect the Map diagram. How can the Device Identities be shown in the Device list under the RouterOS tab view?

knuckle66
just joined

Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:36 pm

The above instructions for Appearance only affect the Map diagram. How can the Device Identities be shown in the Device list under the RouterOS tab view?
I would like this as well. The map can get a lot cluttered and we use the device list a lot. Just looking 1.5k of IPs and not knowing the name of the devices is horrible.

m4t7e0
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 07, 2019 5:59 pm

I would like this as well. The map can get a lot cluttered and we use the device list a lot. Just looking 1.5k of IPs and not knowing the name of the devices is horrible.
I would like this as well !