Community discussions

MikroTik App

Fires
Topic Author

Enable notification only on ping

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:05 pm

Hi, it is possible to globally enable notification only on ping? Or have something like service dependency? Because if some devices go down I get 5 noiification (1 for every service). I know it is possible to disable/enable notification on a device->service but I really do not want to manually set it up on every device. I was looking in probes but there are no notification settings.

So only places where I can set notifications are global(settings on root), device, and service at the device.

thanks
http://davidstein.cz/ - MTCNA, MTCTCE

KayBur
just joined

Re: Enable notification only on ping

Wed May 05, 2021 2:51 pm

I don't see the problem. Take the time to set up all the devices once and you will be happy. Why reinvent the wheel?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 05, 2021 2:57 pm

I don't see the problem. Take the time to set up all the devices once and you will be happy. Why reinvent the wheel?
You are here for sarcasm? You read before reply?

>> but I really do not want to manually set it up on every device <<
Last edited by rextended on Wed May 05, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm Italian, not English. Sorry for my imperfect grammar.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 05, 2021 3:00 pm

Hi, it is possible to globally enable notification only on ping? Or have something like service dependency? Because if some devices go down I get 5 noiification (1 for every service). I know it is possible to disable/enable notification on a device->service but I really do not want to manually set it up on every device. I was looking in probes but there are no notification settings.

So only places where I can set notifications are global(settings on root), device, and service at the device.

thanks
Go on Services, sort by Type, select all-non-ping, multiple selection with shift+cick are doable, and press the red X "delete"

Fires
Topic Author

Wed May 05, 2021 3:08 pm

thanks
Go on Services, sort by Type, select all-non-ping, multiple selection with shift+cick are doable, and press the red X "delete"
But this just deletes all the other services than ping. But I want to keep them from checking but I do not want to have notifications for them.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 05, 2021 3:09 pm

select all, ctrl+right click, select settings, edit all together, like is single service, disable all notification, click ok
everything you MODIFIED are applied to all selected settings

Fires
Topic Author

Wed May 05, 2021 3:24 pm

select all, ctrl+right click, select settings, edit all together, like is single service, disable all notification, click ok
everything you MODIFIED are applied to all selected settings
Thanks, not a straight forward way, but works. So thanks..

KayBur
just joined

Fri May 07, 2021 2:16 pm

I just want to understand what the difficulty is to do the job once and not sweat it? It's really possible. I just don't understand why to complicate everything and look for some scripts or software.

Fires
Topic Author

Sat May 08, 2021 9:25 pm

I just want to understand what the difficulty is to do the job once and not sweat it? It's really possible. I just don't understand why to complicate everything and look for some scripts or software.

Ok, I can set it manually for every of 50 devices. No problem, but what If I want to temporarily enable notification again? For example, servers migration, change the network topology, etc? I think there should be also a "notification" settings tab in the services card. In that case, you should be able globally and fast modify all notifications for that specific service.