We have published the first public test of our restarted project The Dude. At the moment it is just a refreshed version of the same Dude software that we had in v4b3, but is adapted to work correctly with RouterOS v6 with a few minor changes in it. This will be a base on which we will start building The Dude for the future.
* The Dude server is now a RouterOS npk package that must be updated together with RouterOS
* The Dude client is pretty much the same as it was before just with server side removed. If it will detect that servers side is running newer version it will offer to update it self to matching version.
* Windows server
* Language selection for The Dude client
* Web interface
Note that new The Dude client wont work with older versions and vice-versa
The Dude server packages and Windows client application are available for download under: Tile, CHR and x86 selections in the RC release chain.
Renewed documentation for current versions of The Dude (still work in progress):
Known issues in v6.34rc45(updated) (reported for fixing):
All entries below are already confirmed and reported to DEV for fixing.
High priority problems:
* Device discovery tool does not work with Agents.
Low priority problems:
* Adapt dude link labels to be able to show 10G traffic
speed and larger (snmp part left to fix)
* Add checkbox in dude client loader to allow upgrade/downgrade without prompting
user each time.
* Add option to use functions and oids in notification messages.
Fixed issues and added features:
* Leftovers of web interface configuration is not yet removed.
* Dude does not know how to show ROS version (broken due to
changes in ROS, update needed)
* In log settings configuration, sliders are broken.
* When opening panel in separate windows error pops up, it
does not affect the usage tho.
* When changing icon appearance on network map dude does
not assign right image in some cases.
* Open panel separately broken.
* Spectral scan may crash Dude client
* SNMP walk crashes the dude client
* Torch tool in dude also is broken
* Use of ping tool causes the dude client to disconnect.
* Any section export to CSV function broken, crashes the dude client
* Bandwidth test tool graphs broken.
* XML backup import fails.
* Large DB export fixed.
* Link label - Mastering type: ROS broken.
* Scan tool - removed for now till it's reworked.
* Telnet tool - dude will throw out error if telnet client is not available on system where
dude client is installed.
* Dude tool - Corrected dude.exe launch path. Now the client will look for executable
in it's installation dir and not by some full path.
* Added 10G link type - Will be added by default only for new installations.
* Torch tool - fixed.
* Added option to run dude client from shortcut in secure mode by adding argument "--secure".
* Corrected 10G link monitoring/counters for ROS devices. (snmp fix for this will come later)
* Fixed issue where dude client would freeze if link label mastering type was snmp
and it was created or modified.
* Ping tool - fixed local pinger.
* Auto discovery tasks are now separated between network maps.
* Fixed file upload to server.
* SMTP authentication and tls options added!
* ROS upgrade function fixed
* Fixed server crash that some people where experiencing.
* CHR host upgrade fixed.
* DNS name resolving fixed in loader (will however work only after loader is upgraded to rc45)
* Added db vacuuming option
* Added progress indicator to import/export/vacuuming
* Dude server by default on new installations is now disabled.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.