Community discussions

MikroTik App

jschnip
just joined
Topic Author

Tools Feature Enhancement

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:58 pm

It would be great if the tools menu could be pointed to different IP's on a device. For instance, if a device has two IP's one is the management, telnet address, and the other is an IP with a website.

Also, is it possible to add items to the tools list, such as a pointer to an ssh program like putty, etc?

Keep up the good work!

aviper
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:11 pm

Yes you can add.

Go to putty homepage. Download putty save it in directory which has path in windows (c:\winhome\system32\ for example).

Go To tools -> add -> Name: putty ->
command: putty [Device.FirstAddress]

Voala ...
P.S. You can use plink instead of putty, but I found it bug-gy ...

winkelman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:55 pm

Let's not make the Windows system folder a bigger mess than they already are :-)

You don't have to put putty (or any program) into a folder contained in the windows %path% variable (such as the Windows folder). You can place it anywhere you'd like and just point to it in the Tools configuration in Dude.

For example:
"C:\Program Files\putty\putty.exe" [Device.FirstAddress]

aviper
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:53 pm

I've start putty from Start -> Run too, so I put it in path folder. I made my own path folder at make shortucuts there it contains Putty, netscan, ethreal and etc. And I run all this apps throw run.
I just think it isn't this the right forum to explain where should something go. I post it as example.