Community discussions

MikroTik App

x086
just joined
Topic Author

The problem with the HP printers, after system start up The Dude

Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:53 pm

Hello! After system startup, The Dude, network printers HP, periodically started to give a error 49 and endlessly reboot.
The printer starts to work again, only after reconnecting the power cable.
After a while the error recurs.
Printer models:
- HP LaserJet 1536dnf (latest firmware)
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP m425dw (Updated to the latest firmware. The problem remained)
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 MFP m425dn

Printers and The Dude server are in different subnets. (in different VLANs)
Tried disabling the services. Left only ping.

If you met such a problem?
Thank you!

Sorry for my English :)

RouteOS/The Dude: 6.35 / License Level: 1
Platform: x86 / VM ESXi /

emk2203
just joined

Re: The problem with the HP printers, after system start up The Dude

Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:26 pm

+1 for the problem. HP Color Laserjet 1415 fn(w) affected, happens each time the dude probes the device.

Permanent reboot can only be canceled by a complete firmware reset of the printer, pushing the home and back areas of the touchscreen when the system starts up. After that, all settings are erased and the printer needs to be set up again. Quite annoying.

When I want to do a reliable probe on the device, it gets recognized as an RouterOS device, subsequent communication with the dude obviously then kill the stupid printer. I know I can blacklist, but is there any way to get rid of the problem?

SergeS
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: The problem with the HP printers, after system start up The Dude

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:11 pm

I had the same problem with HP LJ 1415fn(w) few years ago. I have fixed it somehow, do not remember exactly what I did. And few days ago, I have found out my printer stop working. There is no restarting, just not printing. Also, cannot connect to printer's scanner. But printer is pingable. I have stopped The Dude, re-power the printer - viola, it works :-). So, I have disabled "netbios" and "printer" services in The Dude for that printer, seems like it helps. "routeros" service had been disabled earlier, probably when I had problems first time. See screenshot.