Community discussions

MikroTik App

jo2jo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Dude Network Map reset on discovery + Add default winbox password for discovery?

Mon May 23, 2016 1:03 am

Hey ive been reading up and learning the dude and had 2 questions (im running the latest dude server 6.35.2):

1) why is it every time i run a new discovery my entire network map layout gets reset so all devices are ontop of each other , in the upper left corner? (there has to be a way to avoid this) - I am being sure "layout map after discovery complete" IS UNCHECKED

2) is there a way to set a default winbox password, or a list of passwords to try , for the dude during discovery? Ie i have tons of MT devices, many of which have the same admin password (but i have IP based access restrictions in place for security). So instead of having to go into 100s of devices and manually adding the winbox admin password for each device, is there a way to set the default winbox password that will be assigned to devices (or default winbox password that will be used during discovery?)

(i did see this question #2 was asked before in teh forum, but it was a while ago and still no answer)

thanks!

EDIT: what an amazing tool we now have on some of our MT devices with the Spectrum Scan! way to go mikrotik! (i know its been around since ROS v4 in winbox, but the interface is amazing in the DUDE, i can just about get rid of my $1000 - 2.4ghz ONLY spectrum analyzer kit! now :) )
Last edited by jo2jo on Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jo2jo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Re: Dude Network Map reset on discovery + Add default winbox password for discovery?

Mon May 23, 2016 8:32 pm

EDIT: still dont have a solution to this beyond manually adding the same ROS login/pass over and over.

How do you tell DUDE which ROS user/pass to USE *before* it does its discovery.

jo2jo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Re: Dude Network Map reset on discovery + Add default winbox password for discovery?

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:53 pm

can anyone answer this?

I dont see how a bunch of graphs of latency to mikrotik servcies (telnet ping, http ping) is useful beyond what can be done with snmp monitoring.

The advantage dude provides is it can access winbox/ros data , so how do you allow dude discovery to know the login/pass to use?

tks

yonnie
just joined

Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:04 am

Did someone forget to answer Q1?

nasbot
just joined

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:41 am

Hi there, i do have same problem as described in question2.
For now i have over 200 routerOS devices and need to be updated. Adding user/pass for every one in dude is not a solution.
Please, give us at least feedback. Are you planning this feature, or is there a workaround.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:08 pm

nasbot,

May you try to specify username/password for multiple devices at once?

Thank you!

nasbot
just joined

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:53 am

All my devices have same user/pass , MikroTik should add "routerOS credentials" in dude and then will be easier to discover all devices with just one click.
At this point it is not possible to do that.
Do you know any workaround ?

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:24 pm

nasbot,

Does mass edit work for you?
1. Select multiple devices using mouse (also a Ctrl button may be used in case of need).
2. Right click.
3. Settings.
4. Define username/password.
5. Ok.

Thank you!

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 pm

All my devices have same user/pass , MikroTik should add "routerOS credentials" in dude and then will be easier to discover all devices with just one click.
At this point it is not possible to do that.
Do you know any workaround ?
A feature request was created and we are waiting to be implemented: Feature request - Credentials profiles for Discovery.

Thank you!