krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

The Dude, v6.36 [current] release.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:01 pm

Changes in v6.36:
*) arm - added Dude server support;
*) Refactored functions (background changes). 
*) The Dude admins now rely on ROS users. User requires dude policy to connect to server;
*) The Dude now uses ROS log. Requires dude topic to be added in log rules; 
*) Removed data based commit interval change option in server settings;
*) Added comment option for servers in client loader window;
*) Added back log panel in client;
*) Various optimizations for server/client;
*) Various fixes and optimizations for db commit related issues. Now dude will warn user in form of log entry if there is to much commits queuing up. This will most likely point towards problem with storage drive write performance, asking user to move db to some faster storage medium;
*) Various performance improvements on server side background tasks;
*) Removed some legacy setting that were no longer relevant as the dude users are now controlled by ROS AAA;
*) Server package is now made smaller. Client side content upgrade is now removed from it and is downloaded straight from our cloud. So workstations on which client is used will require access to wan. Alternatively upgrade must be done by reinstalling the client on each new release;
*) Added - Check-box in dude client loader settings to allow upgrade/downgrade without prompting user each time;
*) Fixed - Client crash on version upgrade, if client had previously already connected to some server;
*) Fixed - Various server crashes;
*) Fixed - Various memory leaks;
*) Fixed - 100% load on one cpu core by dude process on server startup in some cases;
*) Fixed - Server crash that could happen on server disable event;
*) Fixed - Server adds some latency to when monitored device is pinged from server;
*) Fixed - Client - local pinger broken; (it still does require the client to used with admin permissions)
*) Fixed - Dude loader preferences menu "auto connect at startup" check-box seems to be ignored;
*) Fixed - Importing db from v4 removes assigned icons from devices/device-types;
*) Fixed - Memory related default function no longer work;
*) Fixed problem with sqlite storing it's tmp data on system disk even if dude store is located on another disk. Now vacuum tmp data is located in dude store and should no longer cause problems on server hosts with small system disk;
*) When device is added it will now have the same ROS login credentials as for the user in currently logged in client by default;
* Optimizations for larger setups where most monitored devices use secure mode; 
*) Fixed - Agent re-connection problems;
*) Fixed - Mac to Ip lookup;
*) Fixed - Auto-discovery feature for devices behind remote Agents;
*) Fixed - Access of ROS tab for devices behind remote Agents;
*) Fixed - Client crash which occurred when in device management window in snmp tab
under interface section any of interfaces where double clicked for detailed view;
*) Fixed - Auto-discovery tool has problems with typical homeAP/CPE setups that 
has snmp enabled (only one of many devices gets discovered. Due to identical LAN networks);
*) Fixed - Outages cannot be removed by "remove resolved" button;
*) Fixed - Link label does not show correct link speed when ROS mastering type is used, in place of 1G it shows 10M;
*) Fixed - diff64 function broken;
*) Fixed - Cannot add static element to map shows "no netmap" in status field;
*) Fixed - Server syslog port cannot be changed back to default if it has been changed one to something else;
*) Fixed - Server cannot upgrade device is it is running old ROS version: 5.26, 6.7. Error: "router packages unknown";
*) Fixed - Various problems with snmp probes;
*) Fixed - "..." button function in link configuration menu;
*) Fixed - ROS package list displaying in Devices -> ROS tab -> Devices sub-tab;
*) Fixed - Client crash on confirming various setting changes with "ok" and "apply" buttons;
*) Fixed - Client crash on Change of font size/type in static element;
*) Fixed - SNMP returns incorrectly formatted values from some of"/system health" menu oid's;

If you experience version related issues, then please send supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. File must be generated while router is not working as suspected or after crash.

Note:
v6.36 at the moment is best version to use for The Dude users that experience issues with previous builds. It contains fixes for pretty much all of the problems that were reported to us up to this version release. 

Important:
For now I do not recommend to upgrade v6.37rc build, unless it's just for testing purposes. In these newer rc builds we have started to add CLI side of The Dude server configuration interface and various things might break during this process. New rc topic for those that are interested: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=110424-

dnelson
just joined

Re: The Dude, v6.36 [current] release.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Thank you for the update.  Very nice to be able to remove all the outages at once instead of spending 10 min each morning removing them from every map.

You guys rock.

kmok1

Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Looks a lot cleaner!

I have had issue with this since the beginning of version 6 of Dude:  When I restart the dude server, it has issues reconnecting to all my objects that are in "secure mode".  In Dude server's winbox, under Tools => Profile, I often see "ssl" runs at 100%.  This translate to freezing of my Dude client for a few seconds.

Quick fix:
1) Double-click object, goto General tab.
2) Uncheck "Secure Mode", click Apply.
3) Check "Secure Mode", click OK.

I have to do this with EVERY Mikrotik objects that Dude monitors.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:16 am

@kmok1 

The same issue persists in v6.36 release? If it does please generate supout file during it and send it to support@mikrotik.com so we can check if the problem is correctable.

jchmelik
just joined

Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:23 pm

@krisjanis:

I have problem with the display SNMP functions on tooltips of network maps.
My tooltips setup is in default:

maps.Device [Device.Name] ([Device.Type])
IP: [Device.AddressesCommaList]
MAC: [Device.MacAddressesCommaList]
[services_info()][snmp_name()][snmp_description()][snmp_uptime()][snmp_contact()][snmp_location()][ros_info()]Notes:
[Device.NotesColumn]

However, they do not show any SNMP values (snmp uptime, snmp contact, snmp location etc.) on tooltips at all devices where I have enabled SNMP.
In the labels of devices, there SNMP functions operate normally (for example [snmp_uptime()] )
I do not know if I have a problem just me, or is it a bug.
Best regards,
Jiri Chmelik

hoisel
just joined

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:25 pm

When I copy an item on a map and paste in another map, the item is pasted on the same map.

zfnakj
just joined

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:40 am

Hello, The dude team, I just update to 6.36.
I have three questions.

First.
Old version has "+" for expand, but v6.36 is not??

Second.
I can't output log to Dude.
I have tried enable Syslog on Dude and set up remote on CCR 1036.
All of log can't send to Dude. But try "MikroTik Syslog Daemon" is okay.
So, i think the some thing wrong but i don't know??

Third.
Just for a suggest.
The dude's data like font and log can be choose store in local host.

Please help me to solve it, thanks.

craigroser
just joined

Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:01 am

*) The Dude now uses ROS log. Requires dude topic to be added in log rules; 

can someone explain this a bit better? So i have to log in to the router to see syslogs now. 

I kind of wanted to see them in the dude up on my overview panel on the big tv on my wall, is there anyway to do that now?

EDIT: Alright I seem to have worked it out, but still that bug below if you set it up wrong.
Last edited by craigroser on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

craigroser
just joined

Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:18 am

also it seems to be buggy if you log dude to memory 
then log dude to remote where the remote action is a syslog server on itself.
It scrolls the logs appending the routername ip and time many times a second until you manage to disable the rule.

screen cap of the log https://1drv.ms/i/s!Auq0xtg8tiMTlFgmnA0VtQ5pBkfX

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:52 am

@jchmelik

Problem with default snmp functions: [services_info()][snmp_name()][snmp_description()][snmp_uptime()][snmp_contact()][snmp_location()]
reproduced and reported for fixing.

@hoisel

Device management in The Dude will change as we add CLI support for this. We will look into it to as we make these changes. In other words, in the future it should be much easier to add one device to multiple maps without need to make copies of one object across multiple maps.

@zfnakj

1. I do see the "+" for expanding the charts list. Check it if appears after you add/remove one test chart entry.
2. Syslog seems to show both in ROS log and Dude log. At last for me. I would re-check the configuration.
3. So far we have have no plans on placing any of that functionality on client side. Fonts can easily be imported in server and as for Syslog we still need to do some work on it.

@craigroser

We still plan to change syslog default configuration. It needs improvements, so that it would automatically export/import with dude data backups and would be saved on disk by default. In other words as it was before on older The Dude versions. 

In winbox logs do not need to stop unless you press the "Freeze" button. At some point I think we will add that auto-scroll function also in The Dude client.

Percanta

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:57 am

oh great improvements! thanks a lot
About users i think it'd be nice independent "write" group policy (ROS, Dude, API) as i have users who can write on API but they can not  write on (ROS, Dude) for example.
regards.

zfnakj
just joined

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:09 am

@krisjanis

I already created a new chart and it was working well.
So i delete all of old and re-add, no program right now.
Thanks.

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:27 pm

Hi,

Does this release solve the Runtime C++ problem discussed here:  DUDE: Visual C++ Runtime Error! Windows 10 Help!!! ??

It really annoying, and I havent dared to upgrade my 2 last Windows PCs in fear I will loose all my DUDE Clients. Then I will be "Blind"! 
I am also really unsure if I gonna dare upgrade my main dude client PC to Win10 before the offer expires end of July, cause I really can not afford loosing my DUDE client just because of a free Win10 Update! ;D lol

nuskope
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:52 am

hi,

i am unable to copy items form one map to another. 
I can still copy, but when i Paste they are pasted in the originating map, not in the new one as before.

armandfumal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

BUG in Panels

Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi,
in 6.36 it is not possible to contruct a panels. when you design with charts. It didn't saved it. you come back to the panel and it empty.

regards

Armand

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:19 pm

@jchmelik

It turns out that problem with default snmp functions is most likely mib file related. At least for me mib file regeneration helped.

Try: 
* Exporting dude db or saving whole data(while server is disabled) directory on workstation.
* Delete old the dude data dir contents. 
* Enable server (let it set it self up to default state).
* Disable server.
* Copy back db file and contents on data dir that you requite. If it did contain some files that you added.
* Enable server.

@Basdno

No, we haven't had a change to look into that problem. As non of our workstations where we use The Dude have shown this behavior. I'll check with DEV is remote access to one such win10 workstation would help to solve this. Presuming that you could give us remote access?

@nuskope

This is already fixed in v6.37rc builds. hopefully it is something that we can back port to v6.36.1 build in case IF there will be need for a fix version. 

@armandfumal

Problem with custom panels reproduced and reported as bug for fixing.

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:44 am

@Basdno

No, we haven't had a change to look into that problem. As non of our workstations where we use The Dude have shown this behavior. I'll check with DEV is remote access to one such win10 workstation would help to solve this. Presuming that you could give us remote access?
No problem, I can set up a TeamViewer session or the like if you want!  :)

paolopoz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Good job!

However a nice feature which is now lost was the fact that log messages were colour-coded for up or down events. Now it's all black and it's less easy to spot up/down events.
It would be great to have this feature back.

Cetalfio
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:02 am

Upgrade from 6.34 to 6.36 x86 on Virtualbox, now this is no longer possible to access the server Dude "login failed invalid username or password" (standard login admin - nopsw).
We have sent supout file to support (Ticket#2016080166000269) and downgrade to 6.34.
Now we can access to Dude Server but we have lost the relationship between devices and maps, no map is present they are all deleted.

Cetalfio

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:17 pm

@Basdno

I will let you know when/if we will need remote access.

@Paolopoz

I will check with dev is we can get the color coding back in syslog.

@Cetalfio

Did you try to log into dude with your ROS admin acc? Many people miss the change log entry which states that The Dude server no longer has separate users database. It now relies on ROS AAA.

lryzhik
just joined

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:58 pm

Dear krisjanis,

two questions related to upgrade from 34.6 to 36 version:

1. how I can convert existing users from Dude to ROS? are there some ways to automate this transfer ( instead of creating all of accounts by hands )?
2. in the fist try ( it was upgrade directly from 34.1 to 36 ) I lost all of maps ( all devices remain, but no maps was in Dude ). I will try again from 34.6 to 36, but -- do you have similar reports, or my case is unique?

With best regards,
Leonid Ryzhik

p.s. ROS: cloud hosted environment

Eric111
just joined

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi all,

I updated CHR from 6.34.5 to 6.36 and also lost my syslogs. In this topic i read that i can see the logs using Winbox, how should i enable all the logs?

Cheers, Eric

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:14 pm

@Iryzhik

1. You will have to do this by hand. It cannot be done automatically.
2. Try disabling\enabling the server or loading last backup. I've seen this behavior after ROS version upgrade, but I have't managed reproduce it consistently to report problem to dev for fixing.

@Eric111

Check wiki article for details:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Th ... _v6.36rc13

jerryd
just joined

Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:28 pm

Currently I have Dude running on a x86 platform, monitoring 50 devices across several DSL connections. Often the connections drop and re-connect causing multiple syslog messages to occur. The previous versions where looking good, that is why I licensed the server it was running on. The last release took a step backward for my needs.

Having a separate "Event Log" with the red/green text was nice. Was very easy to see what occurred and what notifications occurred without going through the whole log.

I also miss the log "filter" option, was easy to show events that occurred for a specific device.

Some other feedback:
+1 for bringing back the webpage display for the maps and status messages. I would allow view access for users on the local network to see if remote sites are up/down without having to ask technical staff,

+1 for having the ability to send email via a authenticated email server.

thuan1084nd
just joined

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:36 am

thanks so much

scubyx
just joined

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:12 am

hii guys..

i still have "remove outage" problem, i still can't remove outage globally.
or there is any way to delete resolved outage. usually i open service, tab outage and click remove resolved button, there is still nothing happened as i expected.
actually my problem is the active outage in service tab, and device with status down showing different number. For example in device with filter status down, showing 28, but in service, active outage showing 31 active outage, how can i match this number, this should be the same number right?
i hope with deleting complete outage will "resync" this two information, or any other way that i can try.

thanks..cheers

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:00 pm

@jerryd

Maybe you need to increase timeouts/intervals for those devices behind dsl lines?

@scubyx

Just checked on v6.36 server. Old outages from Services -> Outages tab are removed correctly. If there are many of them and storage on which dude db is located is not that fast it might take a while for server to delete them. Or did you mean the Outages tab in device configuration window? If so then that one is still broken in v6.36 release.

jerryd
just joined

Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:01 am

[quote="krisjanis"]@jerryd

Maybe you need to increase timeouts/intervals for those devices behind dsl lines?

I do not have a problem with Dude generating messages.. I have two other routers sending the dude server syslog type messages.

A seperate "Event" log for Dude messages with the Red (down) and Green (up) messages like previous versions would be nice

jchmelik
just joined

Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:44 pm

@jchmelik

It turns out that problem with default snmp functions is most likely mib file related. At least for me mib file regeneration helped.

Try: 
* Exporting dude db or saving whole data(while server is disabled) directory on workstation.
* Delete old the dude data dir contents. 
* Enable server (let it set it self up to default state).
* Disable server.
* Copy back db file and contents on data dir that you requite. If it did contain some files that you added.
* Enable server.
@Krisjanis

I tried your procedure, but unfortunately helped me :(
I currently using only default MIB files.
It should be emphasized that default SNMP functions don't work only in tooltips (these functions operate normally for example on labels or in services).
I have version 6.36 (stable).

xcat
just joined

Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:15 pm

when I am trying to create notification see any error:
Скриншот%202016-08-12%2017.09.34.png
How to fix it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

foxch2
just joined

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Hi,
after updating to 6.36, the client cannot connect to the server
Выделение_027.png
but I don't use radius
before the update was release 6.35.4

what could be the problem?
using winbox connect to server works

the terminal fall error
echo: system,error,critical login failure for user John from ******* via dude
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:29 pm

@xcat

I do not encounter such problem in v6.36/v6.36.1 builds.

@foxch2

Did you try to use your ROS admin user? Starting with v6.36 The Dude server now relies on ROS AAA.

foxch2
just joined

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:39 pm

read about accounts with ROS AAA
logged in

but why is it missing all the network maps
all devices in list, but no maps

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:43 pm

@foxch2

Try disabling/enabling the server or rebooting the host router. After that maps should be loaded normally.

foxch2
just joined

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:56 pm

host rebooted but maps don`t loaded

how can i switch off/on dude server without reboot?

not enough sleep I guess :)
dude set enabled no/yes

but maps not back

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:19 pm

Usually that did help with map not loading. One other thing that comes in mind would be to reload dude db backup or try reverting to previous version to check if maps show up there.

foxch2
just joined

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:24 pm

rollback not help
how can a device group to move to the specified map

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:49 pm

That is currently not possible. This is one of the things that will change with CLI support. It will be possible to assign one device to multiple maps and it wont be tied down to one map as it is now.

Create a support ticket for this case. I'd like to check if we can get those maps back.

foxch2
just joined

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:55 am

I'm almost all recovered
but the idea with the purpose of the device in different maps would be great.
there are several routers, each pointing in a different network, different interfaces, and now we have to create for each network device thereby duplicating them.

and it would be great to implement the idea of any routes on the routers
Draw a link between devices with different subnets, and the routers terminating this link line in the routes themselves were added :)

The future is somewhere nearby! :)

kmok1

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:52 pm

@kmok1 

The same issue persists in v6.36 release? If it does please generate supout file during it and send it to support@mikrotik.com so we can check if the problem is correctable.
@krisjanis

My x86 Dude server generated an autosupout file and I sent this to support@mikrotik.com, I hope this will do.

I discovered another bug. In Dude, open an object that has SNMP enabled. Click SNMP tab => Storage tab. Here I see duplicate entries for the HDD, main memory, and system disk. As time goes by, I would see more duplicates. This has been occuring in 6.36.x.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:22 pm

@krisjanis:

I have problem with the display SNMP functions on tooltips of network maps.
My tooltips setup is in default:

maps.Device [Device.Name] ([Device.Type])
IP: [Device.AddressesCommaList]
MAC: [Device.MacAddressesCommaList]
[services_info()][snmp_name()][snmp_description()][snmp_uptime()][snmp_contact()][snmp_location()][ros_info()]Notes:
[Device.NotesColumn]

However, they do not show any SNMP values (snmp uptime, snmp contact, snmp location etc.) on tooltips at all devices where I have enabled SNMP.
In the labels of devices, there SNMP functions operate normally (for example [snmp_uptime()] )
I do not know if I have a problem just me, or is it a bug.
Best regards,
Jiri Chmelik
Same problem hire, now using rc22, Dude is still crashing. When we should expect at least crashing problem fix? I know that is stupid but I tried downgrading at least to rc15 rebuilding dude database after downgrading is like forever , upgrading to new rc version works without problem.

otgooneo
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:17 am

Great. I see lot of improvement on Dude. But is it possible to add device into dude through API or directly to DB? We have big network which is not compatible with auto discovery. Need to add/modify/delete devices from 3rd party software time to time.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:45 am

@krisjanis

My x86 Dude server generated an autosupout file and I sent this to support@mikrotik.com, I hope this will do.

I discovered another bug. In Dude, open an object that has SNMP enabled. Click SNMP tab => Storage tab. Here I see duplicate entries for the HDD, main memory, and system disk. As time goes by, I would see more duplicates. This has been occuring in 6.36.x.
So far I do not see this problem in v6.36.x builds.
Same problem hire, now using rc22, Dude is still crashing. When we should expect at least crashing problem fix? I know that is stupid but I tried downgrading at least to rc15 rebuilding dude database after downgrading is like forever , upgrading to new rc version works without problem.
That problem will be fixed in v6.37 release.
Great. I see lot of improvement on Dude. But is it possible to add device into dude through API or directly to DB? We have big network which is not compatible with auto discovery. Need to add/modify/delete devices from 3rd party software time to time.
That will be possible in the future. We are currently working on CLI support for The Dude server. In v6.37rc builds you can already see some part of initial support for it.

otgooneo
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:01 pm

Coool... Thanks krisjanis. Did you have time to put guide into the wiki page? The CLI will be under /dude ? Unfortunately I don`t have Dude compatible hardware, which can test ros release candidate version. All my CCR are in live service, which I can`t feel real Dude CLI feature.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:06 pm

I will update wiki when we will be closer to v6.37 release. As CLI side is not yet finished I cannot start working on documentation just yet.

You can try out rc builds in some CHR VM.

Percanta

Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Good day

Testing discovery features on 6.36.3 i can notice the blacklist is not working, for example im scanning 192.168.0.0/18 and blacklist 192.168.4.0/24 then is adding devices of 192.168.4.0/24 network.
Another thing is about "device name preference" im using (IP) and it's not putting ip on the device name.
Before i was using 4beta without these problems.
Regards

otgooneo
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:35 pm

I just quickly updated one of my service backup router and installed dude 3.37rc :-). Impressive. CLI command lines are there. Very near to have basic CLI to add device. I can add device name but can`t add it`s IP or DOMAIN, Username, password, ros=yes etc... If next release supports at least basic parameters for adding/modifying new devices, it will be just SUPER!
By the way, krisjanis, when you implement this dude server package, what was your expectation on device limitation? With my CCR1072, is it possible to add 10K CPE routers without SNMP but just with ROS monitoring features and with polling data of every 1 hour? What is the major resource limitation to add more devices such as RAM, CPU, DUDE DB storage or maybe Dude software limitation?

Inssomniak

Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:10 pm

How do you upload files to the version 6.37 Dude?
Seems I cant add files.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:08 am