Community discussions

MikroTik App

Kincaidc
just joined
Topic Author

The dude wont poll

Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:02 am

Anyone ever have an issue where the dude polls just find for months then all of a sudden things start to turn red and show down but they are really up? even my dude server IP is responsive with a local windows cmd ping but it will not ping in the dude wether local or remote. I have a few other sights that were fine for months as well that now show red and down and a timout on the ping within the dude but they ping fine in a windows cmd prompt. I am at a loss here. I have done all I know to do but I cannot get them to reprobe, when i try a reprobe on the dude server to get itself showing back up it simply replies "local problem"

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: The dude wont poll

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:02 pm

I have the same problem. It is resulting in almost regular holes in the graphs. I have no idea how to solve it,suspecting some loop in network but I am not aware of any and everything but dude works normally so the loop should not be the case.

Kincaidc
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:03 pm

Jarda have you any tips on where to start looking? I know you are having the same issue but what have you done so far? When i trace route the dude server IP from windows command prompt it hits the server but not before a single timeout after the 24 port router between the server and me

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:01 am

Firstly I saw this effect on Dude running on CHR on some 6.xRC version. Old Dude 4.0b3 was running fine on windows server. I was trying to alter the timeouts an reprobe timers but nothing helped. I wat hoping it is some version bug, as there were problems with secured traffic from dude these day discussed on the forum, so I hoped it could be corrected. Then I saw similar effect in 4.0b3. That was new...

Started to suspect bridges in the network and the rstp. Removed everything what could be causing loops, re-checked everything goes how it should, just the holes in the graphs and service outages remain... Realised that it is not just about snmpv3, but about snmpv1 too.

Finally I made a ticket [Ticket#2016062066000478] more than month ago. After some e-mail swap I got final answer:
From: "MikroTik support [Krisjanis P.]" <support@mikrotik.com>
To: me :-)
Date: 30.06.2016 10:22
Subject: Re: [Ticket#2016062066000478] Dude 6.36rc28 - holes in snmp.v3 data

Hello,
Problem reproduced and reported for fixing.
Regards,
Krisjanis P.
Hope it will be soon, but nothing was done yet, probably... Still waiting.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:25 pm

@jarda 

v6.36 should have contained fix for the snmp problem. Those probes are still acting up?