Community discussions

MikroTik App

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

New device that supports The Dude server package: RB750r3 hEX

Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:34 pm

For those that are interested in smaller The Dude server/agent device options. We recently launched hEX - RB750Gr3. Which does support The Dude server package.

For storage on this device you'll need to use microSD card/slot.

For more details on HW mentioned device is discussed in this topic: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=113068

blue
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: New device that supports The Dude server package: RB750r3 hEX

Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:56 pm

Great news. Great device. Thanks...

netsystemtp
just joined

Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:08 pm

Where can i download DUDE package for mmips ?
I don't see it on dowload page.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:34 am

For now you can use these links for server package download. Due to some error it is not yet added in download page, it should be corrected soon.

http://www.mikrotik.com/download/share/ ... _mmips.npk
http://www.mikrotik.com/download/share/ ... _mmips.npk

maxkrok
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:18 pm

The Dude does not save any data after reboot on HEXgr3 neither on flash nor on the SDcard. After reboot the SD "disk1" becomes "disk2" if Dude is installed on it. If you change Dude path to "disk2" then the name of the SDcard would again becomes "disk1" after another reboot.. It is like a hell... I couldn't save any data on Dude after RB reboot.. What is it? The OS version is 6.38RC25
PS... On 6.37.1 - the same dulls

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:58 am

We found this bug also, it has been reported for fixing. It triggers not only on reboot, but also after some while a day or two while system is working.

maxkrok
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Nothing is changed after new RC29...

dda2000
just joined

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:11 am

The Dude does not save any data after reboot on HEXgr3 neither on flash nor on the SDcard. After reboot the SD "disk1" becomes "disk2" if Dude is installed on it. If you change Dude path to "disk2" then the name of the SDcard would again becomes "disk1" after another reboot.. It is like a hell... I couldn't save any data on Dude after RB reboot.. What is it? The OS version is 6.38RC25
When do you plan fixing the problem?!?!?!
We bought because of the possibility of launching dude, but I can not run !!!
6.38rc31 still does not fix the bug.

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:00 am

When do you plan fixing the problem?!?!?!
We bought because of the possibility of launching dude, but I can not run !!!
6.38rc31 still does not fix the bug.
I hopefor you that is not a too much of a burden for you in your life missing a working Dude after a reboot. Mikrotik knows about this and is working or is going to work on solving this and please be patient with them.

Lexalex
just joined

Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:04 am

It's not possible to set icons for devices. No any images in the menu.

The setup directory is the disk1. Ver. 6.37.3.

the9quad
just joined

Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:05 am

I installed a 32gb microSD and set it as Dude_Disk in the disk list, looks like this:

Then under Dude Settings I set the Dude_Disk as the data directory looks like this:

Under file list I can see the Dude files now on Dude_Disk, looks like this:

The issue I am having is two fold:

1.) if I add a custom .svg file under Dude_Disk/files/default/images it will show up in the file list, but it will not show up in the Dude client.

for example using winbox, I placed wlanap.svg in the directory Dude_Disk/files/default/images. Shown here:

When I go to dude and look for it, you can see it is not there:

the second issue i have is

2.) If i restart the dude server, it writes over the old dude data and Dude_Disk with completely new files and deletes any old files i have in there. (is this normal?)

the9quad
just joined

Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:39 am

Edit- Solved from http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Th ... 37_release
Your custom uploaded mibs/images/etc need to be stored in: "(data-path)/files/" directory.

Filip92
just joined

Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:51 pm

Hello,

in v6.38RCxx dude server is missing syslog server

in previous versions:
now:

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:08 pm

The last version with syslog is the 4b3. Not the previous like you wrote. And it is well known. Mikrotik promised to put it back somehow one day...

maxkrok
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:08 am

Dear support, please tell how to add custom Dude fonts on this device? I cannot upload fonts to its place where other fonts are located, and in "files" directory they are invisible for selection in client

PaulsMT
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:24 am

The last version with syslog is the 4b3. Not the previous like you wrote. And it is well known. Mikrotik promised to put it back somehow one day...
You can still use Dude as syslog server. The difference is that the syslog messages will be stored under Log section.

maxkrok - Custom fonts is not suggested. Also note, that custom files can be placed only under dude/files directory.

maxkrok
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:19 pm

You can still use Dude as syslog server. The difference is that the syslog messages will be stored under Log section.
But after reboot you loose all the logs.. How to avoid?
maxkrok - Custom fonts is not suggested. Also note, that custom files can be placed only under dude/files directory.
How to use national letters then? Please include Unicode fonts instead of these useless fonts...Now we see only bars instead national symbols...

nicutdk
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:32 pm

great...

....but where is the User Manager package ???

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:38 pm

great...

....but where is the User Manager package ???
Read here:
posting.php?mode=quote&f=3&p=586863

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:56 pm

Can somebody confirm if The Dude is now running fine without any problems on the RB750r3 hEX?

I want to purchase this device to purely running The Dude application to monitor about 11 to 12 Mikrotik WIFI devices. Would this be a good device to do so?

Comments more than welcome.

maxkrok
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:09 am

Nothing doing.. Syslog is empty after reboot, font has no national symbols... And no answers from techsupport..

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:15 am

Ok. Understood. Any other Mikrotik device that is recommended to run The Dude on?

anajames
just joined

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:17 pm

That's great.

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:21 pm

That's great.
What do you mean with this comment?

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:38 am

Dude is running on the RB750Gr3 and after reboot the LOG is gone but all other collected data is still there. I have DUDE switched off on the moment and can activate it to see if the log can be rotated/saved so that it will be accessible if needed.

rgroothuis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:42 am

Ok, thanks for the useful feedback. As the device is about 60/70 euro in NL I will give it a try to purchase one and try to install The Dude on it. I hope it is working and sufficient to monitor my 12 Mikrotik devices. Once I've some experience and results I will post it in this thread.

Micropower

Wed May 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Dude on Hexr3. MT devices running 6.38 .5 ( soon 6.30x ) Is it OK to run DudeServer rc .. or should I stick to the same Dude server as
on all the networked devices. Any issues with running RC Dude server a couple versions above the Networked MT devices?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Running dude on hex with 6.39 smoothly. Poling about 50 devices so far.

icecybe
just joined

Sun May 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Hello team .
Long time ago i run dude server in windows machine, since then i adapt this shoft under my needs, now it monitors about 100-200 switches, and OLT,ubnt,windows, mikrotik units, the all work good, but windows machine is no longer need on that network so i biught a 750gr3, install dude with no problem and runa few devices, i don't know but when i click to cnahge snmp profile on mikrotik devices all dude-client hag-up and close. Since i didn't find the page where i can change the default port for dude client.
Also it is possible to migrate from windows to mikrotik devices.
Some advices ?

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon May 08, 2017 2:14 pm

@icecybe
i don't know but when i click to cnahge snmp profile on mikrotik devices all dude-client hag-up and close.
Are you running latest version? I haven't noticed such issues with snmp setting configuration.
Since i didn't find the page where i can change the default port for dude client.
For a while no TheDude uses the same port as Winbox. It cannot no longer be changed separately from that.
Also it is possible to migrate from windows to mikrotik devices.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:T ... nToNewDude

icecybe
just joined

Thu May 11, 2017 12:19 am

Hello.
I have migrate succesfully from windows to 750gr3 box, is is fast enought to keep working with this.
Migration was easy and keept all my setting : except...i don't know why but devices like ubnt and bdcom OLT unit's monitor's verry vell, but switches like alcatel and dell show's the snmp status but when i build a link i noticed that in snmp tab => interfaces it is empy. But snmp wal work's fine, community is right one, i see all the data i need form the switch, still in the ethernet tab under snmp is empy.
On other ubnt devices all are ok. From wich side to dig.
Strange...

icecybe
just joined

Thu May 11, 2017 12:21 am

seem's to me this is a similar problem
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=120269&p=591464&hil ... em#p591464

also can be and update for this thread
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=116508&p=597555#p597555

gah789
just joined

Thu May 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Why oh why is Mikrotik so utterly useless at providing documentation and instructions for new users? I have a hEX with 32GB of flash memory and The Dude server installed. The purpose is specifically to allow us to evaluate whether The Dude will fill our requirement for a program to monitor a rapidly growing network of WISPs with Mikrotik routers and CPE units. I have the Windows client installed on a Windows 10 laptop. The laptop is directly connected to the hEX unit. The whole arrangement fails at the first hurdle as I am completely unable to get the client to connect to the server following the instructions (minimal) in the Wiki manual. If it can't do this easily, what can anyone expect if we were to adopt the software for production purposes? I am simply fed up with struggling with the difficulties of coping with Mikrotik firmware & tools. Cheap & cheerful is all very well on a small scale but it is hopeless when you need to scale up an operation.

We could, of course, sign up with one of the suppliers that offer monitoring & control software for WISPs, but that is a commitment of several thousand dollars per month and eventually ten of thousands of dollars per month. It is much more likely that we will move away from relying on Mikrotik routers except for niche purposes . Instead, we will swap to an alternative source which offers management tools that work and we can rely upon. Well that is asking a bit too much. Still, even though most of us have a love-hate relationship with Ubiquiti, their tools tend to work (eventually!) and their documentation/support is far better.

icecybe
just joined

Thu May 11, 2017 10:59 pm

Why oh why is Mikrotik so utterly useless at providing documentation and instructions for new users? I have a hEX with 32GB of flash memory and The Dude server installed. The purpose is specifically to allow us to .....
Really, beforre yealing here that anything is wrong.. be shure to read properly manual not for mikrotik but for L2 and routing properties too. I read your post twice and i really don't understand what you really want from your notebook :) I think here are more seriously problems like hundred of unit's without monitoring after migrating on hex device. THINK..how many laptops run by this units :)
and yeah.. by the way. almost forgot...google give's as answer second link .
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:The_Dude
some miracles happen here i think :)

gah789
just joined

Fri May 12, 2017 2:08 am

Please read what I wrote carefully. Then get someone without any prior knowledge of The Dude to follow the instructions given in the Wiki on how to (a) install The Dude server on a hEX, and (b) install The Dude client on a Window 10 machine - remember that The Dude client is only available on Windows. Finally, start up the client and try to connect to the server. There isn't a 1% chance that this will work. One reason is that the default port in the client is wrong. The references to users & passwords are ambiguous. In practice, I suspect that the default Windows 10 firewall configuration will block the attempt. And so on. There is no reason why it should be necessary to know anything about routing to get a basic server & client working together.

My comment/complaint was aimed mainly at Mikrotik support. I don't care about what it is possible to do with Mikrotik equipment if you are prepared to spend enough time learning the quirks of RouterOS. I have to take a commercial decision as to whether it is worth making a commitment to buy thousands of units per year with the implications of having to cope with the support problems that arise when our users start to change settings, etc. I have previously commented on the side effects of making changes in QuickSet. My interest in The Dude is as a tool for mass upgrades and configuration monitoring. Using the hEX was just a simple test because I had a spare one available. I didn't want to waste time setting up a dedicated virtual machine or a CCR for the experiment. If The Dude doesn't pass the most basic test, then why devote more time to what is likely to be a dead end?

The larger point is that for deployment of such equipment on a large scale it is essential to have management tools that work reliably and are properly documented. Like many other operators we use a mixture of Mikrotik and Ubiquiti equipment. There are many times when I despair of the problems caused by Ubiquiti's firmware and software, but they understand the market and are trying to do the right thing. I don't think that this is the case for Mikrotik. Cheap and cheerful isn't adequate when you have to worry about support on a large scale.

gah789
just joined

Sat May 13, 2017 11:34 pm

To reinforce the point, go to the manual page which describes how to change the server settings: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:T ... r_settings. This bears no relationship at all to the Webfig page accessed via: Dude > Server Settings that you get on the hEX with 6.39.1. The latter consists of a single page with no tabs and a large number of unexplained entries in boxes. Either the documentation is completely misleading or something has gone gravely wrong with the mmips version of The Dude.

I suspect that there are a lot of other features in 6.39.1 that have not been properly converted to mmips architecture. As a simple illustration, try to use the Terminal interface with Chrome. It flashes continuously. The same happens with MS Edge but not Firefox or Brave. I have also encountered problems with the default firewall rules, etc, etc.

The particular annoyance is that this whole thread was designed to announce the possibility of using The Dude on the latest version of the hEX, yet it is clear that the combination has never been properly tested other than by insiders who know the system too well to ask whether the documentation and features actually match.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 14, 2017 9:26 am

It is you, gah789, who did not passed the test. Not the dude. I would like to see you how you are complaining about the building materials and technical documentation for them when your house is not standing as tight as expected. If you lack experience invest into getting the knowledge or hire an experienced consultant. Complaining about yourself here will not help you much...

gah789
just joined

Sun May 14, 2017 8:55 pm

For the sake of Mikrotik I hope that you are not expressing the view of their Support team. In English there is a standard business precept - the customer is always right. The spirit is important - don't abuse your customers no matter how stupid you may think that they are. Mikrotik is a company that relies upon its community forum to support its products. Forums that are populated by people who are more concerned to demonstrate their superior knowledge than to help are more likely to drive away business. I appreciate the dilemma faced by Mikrotik support in handling issues of this kind, but in commercial terms it is foolish to treat even inexperienced customers as idiots.

I come back to my basic point. I have a business requirement to test The Dude on a medium for which use of the new hEX is convenient. I am unable to access the server despite following all of the manual advice rather carefully. In my view, either (a) the documentation is incomplete or wrong, or (b) there are problems with the mmips implementation of the software. What do I do next? I don't have days to waste on the problem. If I cannot resolve it quickly, I will file the experience, conclude that Mikrotik is clearly not ready for commercial deployment on a reasonable scale to meet our needs, and get on with something else.

As for the rest, you might think about how this interchange might appear to the rest of the world. Certainly, I haven't encountered this kind of attitude in dealing with problems with Ubiquiti equipment - and there are enough of them! The last time I checked Ubiquiti had about 4 times the gross revenue of Mikrotik in a sector where they directly compete. Perhaps there is a lesson for someone to learn from that. Telling me to hire a consultant may be self-serving and is certainly foolish. I am not going to do that and the suggestion that a consultant is required for a not very complicated matter is further evidence of the limitations of Mikrotik equipment in a commercial context.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 14, 2017 9:53 pm

I have no relationship to mikrotik company and I am expressing just my own humble opinions. Nothing more. Comparing with you, I run the dude (also) in 750Gr3 immediately without any problems including the data migration. And I haven't needed to check the documentation at all for that. Maybe because I am playing with dude for years? Spending a lot of time to gather a knowledge? Definitely yes. I understand your reasons to go by other way. It's your choice. I was talking about experience and not about any mental insufficiency like the idiocy is. Your words about that, not mine.
Sure you can decide whatever you believe is the best for you. Maybe the dude is really not mature enough to be implemented by you. Select whatever better and cheaper solution you want.
And please, think again what you do when asking for help... No technical info about your network structure, nothing about how the dude running device is configured, nothing but kicking around and telling to the world that you were not able to understand documentation. Well. What else have you expected as an answer?
Allow me to give you one advice. If you have to fulfil a business requirements, do it professionally. Otherwise you will be failing again and again.

yonnie
just joined

Mon May 15, 2017 12:05 am

I just bought 2 of these 750gr3 things because the first place I ordered one from was unable to ship for 2-3weeks. So I ordered another from elsewhere. Big mistake, can't get either one to install Dude, so now I have an extra one and the project is over a month late.
I inserted a 64Gb microsd chip. I formatted it to ext3. I updated the routeros to 6.39.1, I downloaded the dude for mmips 6.39.1.npk and put it on the sd chip disk1. I reboot the system and login with winbox and Dude is not running, the wiki says it's supposed to start running after reboot!
I get: "bad command name dude (line 1 column 2)" when I input "/dude print". The terminal does not like the word "dude".

I would really appreciate some assistance

yonnie
just joined

Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 am

after falling asleep reading, the system locked-up. Re-started winbox and the terminal indicated some sort of fault and wanted a reboot. After reboot Dude happened!!! OK, all this time and I guess I needed winbox to screw-up to get dude to start. OK, false alarm, go back to whatever it was you were doing while I was napping. Thank you.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 15, 2017 10:01 pm

I am glad that you were able to succeed. I knew that it could not be such big problem for anyone.

gah789
just joined

Mon May 15, 2017 11:47 pm

Go through the following basic recipe which exactly follows the manual:
1. Take one r3 hEX and reset it to the default factory configuration.
2. Connect to the hEX from a Windows machine via ethernet port 2 using DHCP.
3. Update the hEX to v6.40.rc5 of ROS to get the most recent version. Reboot.
4. Download the Dude version v6.40.rc5. Reboot.
5. In Dude > Settings enable The Dude. Reboot and check that The Dude is running and that it has created all of its files.
6. Install The Dude client on the Windows machine.
7. Start The Dude client and try to connect using IP address 192.168.88.1, user admin and no password - remember this is the default configuration.
8. The client reports that it is connecting but nothing happens. End of demonstration.
9. For variants add a microSD card with extra storage and format it as Ext3, etc, ...

No doubt there is some magic *missing* ingredient - the point is that it is missing, i.e. undocumented. Actually, I assume that Mt has got the firewall settings wrong on either or both the client machine and the server machine, but I am not interested in debugging their mistakes.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 16, 2017 6:43 am

First. Use stable version 6.39 or 6.39.1,not the RC. Paste the /dude export and /dude print commands result here.
The client has to be the same version like server.

yonnie
just joined

Tue May 16, 2017 11:29 am

I should say I had it working. No matter what I try, I could not get it to take the backup data from the previous router. Restore of the un-encrypted file even after removal of the ethernet port data fails. Restore of the other file causes a lockup. Cannot even login via winbox or webfig. I get the login feature turns grey and stays that way. Login username and password, hit enter.... stays greyed-out. Have to interrupt using the power-plug. Then reset and start over.

I need the file restoration to work because there is data in the old one I do not know how to get entered into the new one. There are remote routers this one links to, they login, the data for this is buried somewhere in the old router and I cannot find it.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue May 16, 2017 12:08 pm

What backup do you mean exactly? TheDude does not have option to encrypt it's backups.

From what device amd TheDude version are you trying to export your data?

yonnie
just joined

Tue May 16, 2017 3:20 pm

the router with the dude on it is the problem. I can't get the config from the old router into the new router such that the Dude can function properly. Not happening

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 16, 2017 9:08 pm

Do not try to restore a backup file from another router or from different Ros version. Never.

yonnie
just joined

Thu May 18, 2017 2:21 pm

This is very bad. I have a complex number of stuff to transfer from one router into another. The new one needs to work and you're saying this should never be done? This is so impractical, it is insane! It would take hours to retype all this stuff and the passwords of numerous users would be lost. I've had other IT people do this in less than 5 minutes, I know they didn't type a hundred lines of code by hand, nor did they log into a dozen other routers and check the passwords (because they can't, they're all mikrotik where passwords are hidden).

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: New device that supports The Dude server package: RB750r3 hEX  [SOLVED]

Thu May 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Use export - import instead. Read the manual.

yonnie
just joined

Thu May 18, 2017 3:08 pm

been there, done that, doesn't work, which is why I'm here. I really love it when I get or see the RTFM reply. Just really means you don't know or won't share the answer. I need to put the configuration of an rb2011 onto an rb750gr3. Only 2 of the ethernet ports are being used, the configuration is complex. It's sole purpose in life was for monitoring other routers via eth1 (WAN) and the monitor connects to eth2 (a windows machine running dude and/or eth1 machines running the client remotely. The manual explains it as being simple to do, following those instructions, it faults everytime, even when the ethernet configuration is removed, router still becomes a brick and the manual doesn't cover that. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Tired of this, RTFM yourself!

Maybe a different moderator will pickup with some real answers or be brave enough to share info.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm

The config import causes the hEX to become a brick? Most likely you simply lose connectivity because it disables or somehow alters the port you use to configure it. It would be great if you would show us the config that you are trying to import, that causes the problem.

You know, you can edit that file and remove anything that you don't need to be imported in the other device.

yonnie
just joined

Thu May 18, 2017 4:42 pm

Neighbor tab in winbox shows an address and a mac but can't login. Attempts at login leave the winbox screen as greyed-out for a very long time (15 or more minutes) and then give a failed message.

bonz
just joined

Thu May 18, 2017 5:50 pm

did you try to connect with mac telnet?
actually to other model config. export works well just only by .rsc export - import

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 18, 2017 8:47 pm

I understand that my hints may not help you directly. My approach is to reset wrongly working device with no defaults and set it from scratch. If easy, fully manually, if complex, by previously prepaired config script block by block. I cannot foresee mistakes you do during that... Just pay attention and do not do wrong things many times mentioned on this forum and follow the manual. If you have problems with reading it, do not expect that anyone will be rewriting it for you here.

yonnie
just joined

Fri May 19, 2017 6:12 am

I don't suspect a router not responding to ping is going to telnet. No I haven't tried telnet. Having never used telnet in the last 30 years, didn't seem worth re-learning nor did it even come to mind. Is this spaghetti cooking class, see what sticks to the wall? I get a MAC and an IP showing in the neighbor tab on winbox. If I try to use either, the login screen goes grey and stays that way.
There are no MAC addresses appearing in *.rsc file, they have been removed. The config has been removed, router is a blank slate and it still screws up. I can reset it and log into it with default settings, so I don't believe it's broken. I no-longer have time to deal with this anymore as it requires me to be geographically somewhere else at a time when I need to be far away elsewhere. Problem with mortality.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 19, 2017 6:49 am

If you see a Mac of fully reset device in neighbors of winbox, double click on that mac and connect with default admin user and no password.

yonnie
just joined

Sat May 20, 2017 3:50 am

did not work.
Here's what I noticed. Reset 750gr3. login to it, remove config. Copy text of exported file from rb2011 into terminal, reboot, can't login. Repeat previous except don't reboot. Found stuff about rb2011 installed, however, none of that stuff was in the text (at least the part printed out on printer), hidden text in the export file(?). So now, trying to install the settings manually. Stuck at the firewall stuff. Cannot control the order, and some options don't seem to be there like: dst-address-list=accept, and src-address-list=accept. Spent a few hours looking for this, what did Mikrotik change the name to?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 20, 2017 8:10 am

Your difficulties look like learning process. Almost everything except setting the other mac to interface and few things with dude server can be done via winbox the same like in console. Maybe after the config removal you loose a bridge and connected interface has different mac so you need to follow. Leave the interface you use to config device alone and untouched until the rest works as expected and then put it in bridge /switch as intended and reconnect via ip... Maybe you have some other problem... Reordering the rules works when rules are aligned by their numbers. Then you can just drag and drop.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 20, 2017 8:10 am

Address lists needs to be created before they can be used.

maxkrok
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:17 am

Custom fonts work now in Dude. What about separate syslog files (journals) and saving them after reboot?

yonnie
just joined

Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Lets see, my last post on this subject was 2 months ago, very timely, thank you. I see gah789 hasn't been back either. Even though I was able to get the Dude running on the rb750gr3, I was unable to get the rb750gr3 configured into anything remotely operational. The manual is a joke and was obviously written by someone who did not learn English nor Latvian. The watch the mouse move YouTubes where everything is blurred out and pound loud music into your speakers are mostly useless too. Oh gee, the tab changed but the mouse is still in the same spot!

I could not move configuration from rb2011 to the rb750gr3, device is completely obstreperous. FYI-- backups don't really backup either, they're meant for the same device and when it breaks, good luck, you are stuck up the creek without a paddle. www.linktechs.net got it running and configured and will assist you in understanding how to work on RouterBoardOS. Quickset only gets you started, use it once, then go inside the other obscure places the "manual" doesn't talk about to get the RBxxxxx operational. In other words, hire an expert.

I defenestrated the windows server machine and am using Dude server on the rb750gr3, which was goal #1. Dude client and Winbox seem to run just fine with Wine, use the wine loader. Running on Mint, Kubuntu and Ubuntu. RouterBoardOS is Linux, why isn't dude and Winbox Linux as well?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:57 am

Congratulations that you finally overcome the initial difficulties and managed to set the device according to your needs. It will be easier and easier for you in the future.

amity2kare

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:19 pm

I have purchased 2 750gr3 for my clients to run dude and I'm facing the same issue with both. After a few days, the map with all the devices just vanishes and the whole thing needs to be recreated. I've tried an SD card and a flash drive. Same issue on both mediums and both routers. I've tried all versions starting from 6.38.5 up to 6.39.2. Same result. Any help understanding what could be going wrong will be most welcome.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:35 am

Are you really saving the data to the external storage? Or into internal ramdisk? Is the storage fast enough to get the database updates?

epkulse
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:02 pm

It seems Dude package somehow makes the 750 Gr3 unstable. I´m just playing around with it, so no urgency. But I am also noting that the router becomes unaccessible after a while - cannot be accessed via Webfig nor winbox. Does not respond to ping. I have Capsman activated, which seem to work even though I can not access the router for config purpose. Will remove Dude as I was only playing with it, but no interest in spending time trying to identify what is wrong. Concern for people intending to really use Dude on it, though.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:28 pm

I have been running dude on 750Gr3 for half an year while it serves as common router with multiple wans, some tunels and other things. Sd card as storage, 2 days of raw data and around 70 devices under control. Not a problem with stability of router, just the dude client is sometimes freezing when getting the graphs of longer period. Definitely not a load problem of server side, because its cpu does almost nothing...

m2c
just joined

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Like I said in another topic, I have a problem with Dude on RB750r3. It was working great for a few months, but now It will queue bytes to write everytime I try to make a backup and it lasts forever. Reboot makes last changes disappear. I'm using Sandisk microSD Class 10, and I removed it from hex, tested it and the read/write speed is very good. I changed from Fat32 to Exfat but it still won't work. What should I do now? Buy CHR license? My Dude is useless now.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:35 pm

You can run dude in chr for free with trial license. I am using ext3 file system on Kingston sdhc uhs-i 16gb in 750Gr3. Without any problems.

m2c
just joined

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:52 am

Removed microSD from hex, put it in the card reader and ran fsck. Now it's back to normal.

novelty22
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:42 pm

I'm having an issue where every 2-3 days, the SD card loses all it's data. I'll see the dude client "grey" and just trying to reconnect, and when I login to the 750Gr3 through Winbox, the SD card is blank

Rebooting doesn't help. However, If I power off completely, remove and re-seat the SD Card, then power back on, all the data is there and it works great again for 2-3 days.

Tried different versions from 6.38.7 to 6.40.1, same results. I only started having this issue about 2 months ago (post 6.38). It ran fine for almost 8 months prior to that without ever having this issue.

Has anyone else seen this or perhaps have any ideas?

Thanks

icecybe
just joined

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Hello.
I'm updating again post for SNMP > Interfaces TAB on Dell and alcatel switches, the problem is the interface tab, it is EMPTY and i don't know why because i can read all the snmp data from the switch, snmp walk work's well, BUT...in the new devices like TP-Link UBNT, OLT unit's snmpt and interface tab show me all the information i need.
How to be ? SNMP >Interface tab empy on Dell, alcatel ls 6224. Maybe someone fight this problem.
Cheers, Mike.

us007
just joined

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:54 pm

Hi, I can not install the Dude package on RB750Gr3.
I drop dude.npk onto the router through WinBox, reboot, but Dude does not appear on the router, tried different versions of the packages, all failed.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:19 pm

After you have tried to install Dude package take a look at Log. It should show the reason why package was not installed.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:04 pm

RouterBOARD hEX is MMIPS platform device. You download from download page files for x86 architecture.
https://mikrotik.com/download

us007
just joined

Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Thanks, everything worked, I previously tried RouterOS on a virtual machine, under x86, and I made a mistake with the package.

Masyanich
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:34 am

+1
750gr3 After a few days, the map with all the devices just vanishes

maxkrok
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:11 am

Nothing is "SOLVED".. When you will implement the multifile syslog facility, like for others devices? What is the problem with that for 750GR3 ?????

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:04 am

Nothing is "SOLVED".. When you will implement the multifile syslog facility, like for others devices? What is the problem with that for 750GR3 ?????
How does that relate to the original post? Make a new topic if you would like to ask a different question.

amity2kare

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 pm

@normis, I've had to refund the cost of the 750gr3 to my clients and take back the units and they're lying with me as dead stock. The dude data just disappears every few days.

Has your team had an opportunity to reproduce the error at your end? It's been close to 45 days since I posted this issue and I see more people have come forward with the same issue.

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:05 pm

@amity2kare

We haven't encountered problem like disappearing The Dude contents on RB750Gr3 specifically. Did you have any support ticket opened with us that I could check?

amity2kare

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:56 pm

No @krisjanis I have not opened a support ticket. I had just mentioned this issue on this forum in the hope someone else had faced this as well and hoping to find a solution from the community.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Community has no influence on developers. Only direct error reporting with provision of supout, used database and granting the access to affected device can. We can chat here about our problems, but developers need to start with something really tangible. So please, report all errors you can find.

IvanChisca
just joined

Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:11 am

Hi, I have been searching for a solution last two days. I bought 750Gr3 to run the Dude package and everything runs as it should, except email notification, this feature works perfectly on CCR1036, but not on my brand new 750Gr3. The problem is that when I try to send an email I always getting error message: "Error sending e-mail <bla bla>: error connecting to server". My smpt server uses TLS on tcp465. After some debug I found that dude is ignoring my port settings and send requests to tcp25. I really tried to find the solution before writing here, but with no luck.

P.S.
I tried 6.39.3 and 6.40.4 versions of ROS.
Last edited by IvanChisca on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:25 pm

Make DST NAT on outgoing SMTP traffic :-)

IvanChisca
just joined

Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:38 pm

Make DST NAT on outgoing SMTP traffic :-)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but DST NAT is only available in the PREROUTING chain and if process initiated locally the only available chains are OUTPUT and POSTROUTING.

fixxit
just joined

Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:05 pm

Hello,

I want to use the internal speaker of HEX s for The Dude allerts.
Is there a way to make that?
If not, du you conssider to put on next updates of The Dude or Router OS a solution for that?

Thank You

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:42 am

I want to use the internal speaker of HEX s for The Dude allerts.
Is there a way to make that?
Yes you can! And good idea.

Create a new item in "Notifications" name it something "beep_on_dude_server" and set it as "execute on server". Now the "command" can be used for ROS commands - so something like ":beep frequency=200 length=5s". Now you can use that notification type on any of your device etc.

As a bonus, you could use music but using more of those line - search in forum for "music" or "midi" - musical selections certainly include Mario Bros or Jurastic Park theme songs.

fixxit
just joined

Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:55 pm

Thank You, is working!!!!