Community discussions

MikroTik App

kkroto
just joined
Topic Author

Notification Question

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:34 am

Hi, very good job, congratulations.

I have a question, it is possible to run a external program if a device is down?

Thank you advance

winkelman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Notification Question

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:24 pm

I have a question, it is possible to run a external program if a device is down?
Yes. Go to Notifiactions and create the 'execute' type notification you want. Once created, you can turn that notification on in any device you want.

kkroto
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:50 pm

In notificatios, if I select type "execute locally or on server" then ask me a command and insert variable.

What I should put there to run an external program, for example, if node 1 is down run calc.exe

Thank you in advance for your help

kkroto
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Notification Question

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:13 pm

Yes. Go to Notifiactions and create the 'execute' type notification you want. Once created, you can turn that notification on in any device you want.

chrisd13
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:42 pm

Apologies if this has been covered in a past topic, but could someone please provide the syntax for running an external application when a device goes down. i.e. I want a batchfile to run locally when one of my web services stops responding.

winkelman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:55 pm

Apologies if this has been covered in a past topic, but could someone please provide the syntax for running an external application when a device goes down. i.e. I want a batchfile to run locally when one of my web services stops responding.
You'll find your answer two (or three) items above your own, within this same topic!

Just play with it a little.

chrisd13
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:38 am

Ok, thought there might be some sort of syntax for the command, obviously not ;) ok thanks.