Community discussions

MikroTik App

Thadd
just joined
Topic Author

Second Notification For Specific Devices Being Monitored.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:50 pm

I have a tower with some backhauls and radios and I am notified whenever they become unresponsive and I want to add another email address only to a few devices attached to that tower, however, when I add the second email address to the notifications settings, it applies to all of my devices on the network map. How can I just add the second email to only specific devices rather than to all on my map? I have tried adding a second map but alas, it did not solve my problem. Can someone please help me out with this issue?

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Second Notification For Specific Devices Being Monitored.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:10 pm

There are 3 locations for notifications, at the global level with the settings button on the top left, in each map with the settings button in the middle, and settings for each device on the polling tab. Having a notification checked at the device level would send only for the device, having map notifications are unique for that map and having global is everywhere but setting it on the device or map overrides the global settings.

Thadd
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Second Notification For Specific Devices Being Monitored.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:10 am

Even if I were to disable or change the notification settings for the global or map settings, the new changes I make for the device specifically will apply to the global and map settings. Basically, It overrides the map and global level settings.