Community discussions

robertEIT
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Can I use The Dude to manage multiple remote RBs accesible via WAN?

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi,
I'm playing with The Dude now and I'm not 100% sure I understand if I can do this:

I have multiple RBs, hAPs, RB951s, etc placed at various locations in my city. I have access to all of them via WAN with Winbox. I use the Mikrotik Cloud service because they're on different ISPs and most of them have dynamic IPs.

Can I use The Dude to manage my devices if they are located on different locations\ISPs\IPs? Can I install The Dude on my RB951G at home and connect to the remote devices using the Cloud address?

Shadeofspirit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Can I use The Dude to manage multiple remote RBs accesible via WAN?

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi,
I'm playing with The Dude now and I'm not 100% sure I understand if I can do this:

I have multiple RBs, hAPs, RB951s, etc placed at various locations in my city. I have access to all of them via WAN with Winbox. I use the Mikrotik Cloud service because they're on different ISPs and most of them have dynamic IPs.

Can I use The Dude to manage my devices if they are located on different locations\ISPs\IPs? Can I install The Dude on my RB951G at home and connect to the remote devices using the Cloud address?
if you can access them by cloud address, then you can monitor them by dude. But it is more secure if you will have vpn tunnel to them
MTCNA, MTCWE