Community discussions

MikroTik App

RouterPimp
just joined
Topic Author

New Map

Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:23 pm

Just setup and configured "The Dude"...nice MikroTik!

I would like to use multiple maps for monitoring different nodes. I am running v1.2. I can add a new map successfully, but when trying to open the map, the map remains in the "Loading Map" phase and never loads the newly created map. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

RouterPimp
just joined
Topic Author

Re: New Map

Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Just wanted to bump this topic. This is still an issue, even in v2.2. Love the software, but would really like to utilize this feature. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:11 pm

how about v3 which is the actual one? I haven't seen this issue ever, maybe a problem on your PC?

RouterPimp
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:31 pm

Thank you for the reply normis. I have actually seen this in multiple dude version installs, and on two different servers. I am a little hesitant to go to v3 until the final release is published. In my opinion, the Dude is a very powerful and useful program, I am just a little confused on why I have not been able to get this to work.

I have created multiple maps, and tried opening them from both our clients and server. When I double-click the map to open it, the map shows as "Loading". I also get the same result when opening the new map separately.

Thank you for any help, in advance!

VTWifiGuy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:19 am

I had the lost map problem with 2.2 i havent had that perticular problem in 3 although other little issues have come up with 3. Ya win some and lose some. Your best off to take notes on what youve got and just redo things if they get lost or damaged.

subrec
just joined

Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:53 pm

I'm having the same issue with Version3, beta6. New map just opens on "Loading"

I have it installed on XPSP2 running in a VM and set to run at login (then I just never log off since it's not an actual domain member)

I've been using this now for a couple of months and I love it. Great tool.

jwagner
just joined

Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:58 am

I too have this issue on v2.2

The changelog claims that this was fixed with V2.2 however it doesn't seem fixed to me. I am nervous of going to v3 because it is still beta.

Looks like I will have to try it and see what happens.

iam8up

Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:00 am

When I first got 2.2 installed I had the same issue. I created a new map and loaded that one.

From what I understand it is trying to load a non-existent initial map.

I upgraded from 2.2 to 3.0b8. The only issue I saw in the upgrade was a background image was enabled (wasn't in 2.2) and when I changed the color the ap.avg image conquered my screen! I disabled the image and returned to normal.