Community discussions

MikroTik App

Raf
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Problem with outages

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:08 pm

I've been using Dude version 6.40rc24 on CHR and week after install it crashed without any reason. The machine is virtualized in VirtualBox. After restarting it all started properly but something weird happend with Services > Outages. All devices on map are red flagged and signed as "active" in outages. So they should be in non working condition but if you look at the map, then everything is "green". Today is 10.07.2017 and Outages says that my devices are "active" in 15.07.2017. That day didn't happend yet :) I cannot "remove resolved" them in any way. The time counter ticks downwards so I guess if they go to 00:00:00 they will disappear and start working normally.

Is there any way to fast foward it? I've tried to manually change date and yes, they've disappeared but then Outages stopped working. Nothing was showing up there. So I guess the counters must really go down to 00:00:00.

Now I've downgraded CHR to 6.39.2 stable version because previous 6.40rc24 crashed again just week after the last crash (same day as before – it was sunday).

Any hints/tips to get this working MT/Dude team?
Rafał Wójcik from AWB-NET
High Definition enthusiast

sid5632

Re: Problem with outages

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:54 am

Yes, I've had all the problems like this too using CHR on Virtualbox. Nobody answered my previous thread about it.
The time difference gets worse with every VM boot, but restarting the host machine seems to reset it to only a small value in to the future. It is still wrong though.
The 'solution' to the Dude database problem is to disable it before rebooting, then re-enable it after the NTP client has put the time right.

Raf
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:38 am

This is serious bug then :/ It has to be fixed.

Raf
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:09 pm

MT has confirmed bug with system clock/SNTP on Virtualbox. I think that fix is coming.

sid5632

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 am

See the previously mentioned thread for a workaround, if not a proper solution.

Raf
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:00 am

Yes I saw that thread. Also I've reported this problem to MT support and they confirmed a bug with CHR's system clock and Virtualbox. This will be fixed.

romeoma2004
just joined

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:48 pm

dears;

about the time issue just remove the NTP Package from the system then configure SNTP client with the another NTP server , regarding the outage if your database backup its from old versions and you migrated it to new dude version you must delete some old files that you are not need them bu accessing the data base using FTP

sid5632

Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:59 pm

about the time issue just remove the NTP Package from the system then configure SNTP client with the another NTP server , regarding the outage if your database backup its from old versions and you migrated it to new dude version you must delete some old files that you are not need them bu accessing the data base using FTP
Stop repeating the same ignorant rubbish you posted in the other thread. This is NOTHING to do with NTP.