Community discussions

MikroTik App

babak
just joined
Topic Author

Please help , I'm really getting tired of this........... :(

Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:20 am

Hi experts ,
I had Dude 2.0beta4 installed on my network . Everything was perfect It could scan and automatically draw a map and links. I upgraded it to version 2.0beta12 and add two more switches to my network and config the SNMP on this two new switches and performed autoscan , but it could just recognized all devices but no automatic link created . I have 7 3com managable 3c17304A and my network , all configured with SNMP with same Community name . Dude can recognize all devices , Interfaces , Services and even the type of devices but cann't creat the link . For a few seconds i disabled the NIC on dude server and then enbled it and dude could add the links but with some OIR errors it could recognize the link between device and network cloud but it couldn't between network cloud and Switch with Invalid OID error on that link .
PLEASE some one tell me what should I do with this ....
[/img]

mueller
just joined

Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:24 pm

I would recommend not doing auto scans
just build out your network
In the long run things just work better that way

the oid error in the links is a built in label issue
you have to keep in mind that the dude is written to work on the mikrotik equipment
change your link label to

Rx: [Interface.InBitRate]
Tx: [Interface.OutBitRate]

Ozelo

Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:09 pm

I would recommend not doing auto scans
So, auto scans is broken on dude release 2.0? I found that when dude go scan, it removes other devices that I put on the map manually. Sadly, but this was not happening before. I am in the need of auto scans! :) Help?