Community discussions

MikroTik App

aviper
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Feature Request (schedule of probes)

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:28 am

I have some machines that are online by schedule - start at 10:00 shutdown at 16:30 for example. I want to be able to set this to the probes. Soo after end time I don't want to see Red Status (status set to unknown).

The request is. I need to have machine that aren't neccesery online all the time, i mean only status: Online and unknown, but never down :).

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:11 pm

You can have notifications performed by schedule already.

winkelman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:53 pm

You can have notifications performed by schedule already.
True. But consider this:

I (and I'm sure others as well) am using The Dude happily to monitor my network essentials (routers/switches/servers) as well as all PC's/printers/etc. For the essentials it is a good thing that the device turns red when offline. As in red = bad!

But the PC's/printers/etc. are just in The Dude so I can see if they're turned on or off. In general I don't care when there off (or down), so they do not have to turn red, raising the proverbial alarm. For those kinds of devices the blue state would be sufficient. So for example an 'auto-ack' function would be great!

If the above would be possible, the map would become a little bit more simple to read: anything red? Trouble!