Community discussions

MikroTik App

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Maps for the masses

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:02 pm

I needed to produce a map that I could share with every department and have it simple to understand. I have some busy maps and have not tried a minimalist map so I just had to share a fake version of a minimalist map.
minimal.png
The clouds are devices that use ping or HTTP that are white if they are up and red if they are down. The pins are based off the pushpin graphic that is attached and the submaps are green dots with no label, anytime a device is down the dot turns red or yellow when a service is down. I publish the PNG of the map to a web server every few minutes and anyone in the company can go see if their site has an issue .
pushpin.png
cloudicon.png
Lebowski
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

villageworker

Re: Maps for the masses

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:23 pm

Very cool.

Would you mind sharing how you publish on a schedule. I have 'dude' running on a 3011 and would love to publish the maps on a schedule.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:28 pm

In 4.0b3 the export function is on the last tab of the map settings button.
schedule.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

villageworker

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:38 pm

Alas, it is missing or I could not find it in v6.xx.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:51 pm

I wish they would put the web server back or export graphics in V6, I tried many times to find something that could replace the dude and nothing... still looking at moving to v6 to get away from the 2gb file limit, hope that is fixed in v6 as well.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:37 am

Dude in WebFig shows svg maps. But AFAIK there's no automated way to access them, so kind of useless when you need to put them somewhere else. I prefer png myself, but if I can get svg, I'd be happy enough. Either make it accessible using built-in webserver, or make it possible to request them through API. They should be generated on demand in both cases, to avoid useless saving when most of the time no one is looking at them.

lebowski
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Yep good point, them rrd tools graphs from the past would only render when someone wanted to see them.