Since you asked...
I have managed to figure out most of everything. Considering the price performance value, it does very well without any documentation. It is not possible to RTFM and learn anything. Nevertheless, by probing around and trying things for weeks, the 2.0 production version is doing quite well for itself. Web server working is a nice touch. SNMP seems to be working.
1) Sometimes a new map just is forever suspended in the 'Loading' condition. I recommend frequent backups since you will likely soon get to depend on it.
2) No way to do database update forces you to think carefully about major changes. If you go too far and it gets 'stuck', you will lose a lot of work. Only experience can avert disaster there...
3) No Cut and Paste! It is a real pain not to be able to select a device and copy and paste it. This is a especially necessary because of the VERY inconsistent behavior of discovery. Its easier to just manually enter everything, even without cut and paste.
4) Need standard scripting functions like trim() to just use x amount of characters in a string. I cant figure out what those built-in functions are doing with 'if string_size'. Maybe I will figure it out...
5) Need more ariithmetic functions. Can divide two results of an oid, and it returns a decimal number with about 5 places after the decimal. No way I have found to truncate that. However, if you try to divide by a decimal number, forget it, that doesnt fly. You must use algebra to determine how to use integers until the last formula! Thats a good trick.
Concatenate seems to be used in strange ways, but with no doc, its trial and error. Also need a way to format a table from the output of oid_column to create a proper table.
6) There is no 'For/Next' functions. You can determine the array size, but what can you do with that? You cant loop through, increment the array element number until you get to the end. I am sure its coming. Just part of the 'price/performance ratio!'....
7) Need to be able to add (sum) two built-in rate outputs. I need to add the bandwidth of two ports since I have an HSRP connection with two Fast Ethernets. Traffic goes over both, and havent figured out how to add the two rates together to chart the aggregate bandwidth. Now I just have to add them in my head.
8 ) Need formatiing capability in the device labels. It just center justifies everything. Some oid results produce variable output and would look better if they were left justified.
9) Need to be able to have a custom main page for user groups. Web interface should be tailored to the audience. Some users just dont need to see certain things, and it just causes trouble when they start looking around in there.
10) Where are the graphs (charts) in the web version They are in the RouterOS.
11) Need current values indicated in graph outputs to show current values like other typical bandwidth graphing tools.
12) Need to be able to draw vector objects on maps. Would like to draw a box around set of devices. Dont see how that can be done.
Well, enough said. This product does things that no other product can do and I am sure that given the rapid development already proven, I am confident there will be all these things and more, soon enough.
Thanks for the product Mikrotik!