Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:08 pm

What about a week scale in charts ? please :cry:

Minollie
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:11 pm

Hi all,

I want to request the same feature.
Further it would be great to display the graphs within the webserver too.
It's quite convenient when you're able to click a device in Maps on the webserver and then get the device specific info including graphs for 'Hour', 'Day', ['Week'], 'Month' and 'Year'. What I'm concerned it's not necessary to get this info when in Maps-view only, one more click to get to this info is OK with me..

Regards,
Minollie

znet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Week Scale

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:09 am

Yes there needs to be a week scale. I know its a database size issue, but a week is very useful and important.

Wondered the same thing about where the graphs (Charts) are in the webserver. I am sure its coming....

LBeaubien
just joined

Time scales on graphs

Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:10 pm

First off, I would like to thank the author(s) of "The Dude" for the hard work and for making this very usefull application publicly available. We could not manage our wireless network without it (>300 elements).

Should it ever rank as a priority, I would find having a wider choice of time scales very useful (1/4/8/24/48 hrs; 1/2/4 weeks; 2/6/12 mths).

I am no expert at this, and the following may already have been considered. Perhaps a compromise between the size of the database and real-time computation to meet the desired time scale might make this a feasible request.

Thank you for your consideration.
Luc.

mip
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:05 pm

Up!

It would be a small work, but a big step.Please do that MT!

winkelman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:39 pm

When talking about network scales, I second the wish for a 1 week scale.

Secondly, there are some interface inconsistencies. At some places you have a drop-down box to set the scale, in other places you have to right-click. I would favor putting the drop-down box everywhere.

Thirdly, when there are more graphs shown below each other (for example a device with cpu/mem/disk and ping/http probes), you have to set the scale for each graph separately. I cannot think of any reason why you'd ever want the graphs in a different scale. You'd always want the graphs in the same scale, so you can correlate for example high ping times to high cpu loads. So an improvement would be to have one scale setting that controls all graphs in such a case.

Very small things of course, but just trying to help to make The Dude even better than it already is. Thanks MT!

dgoss
just joined

Week Skale

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:38 am

One more vote for a week scale.

Btw. on some graphs there are datasets shiftet to the left and overlapping the left border. Am I the only one with this problem? :?:

winkelman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Week Skale

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:05 pm

...shiftet to the left and overlapping the left border...
Haven't seen that here... (Dude 2.2)