MikroTik App

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Dude server v.6 - not working with port forwarding

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:01 pm

Dude server not respond with forwarding port's
Example: Dude server on RB1100AHx4 Dude editions (with pppoe server) with ip adres 10.1.3.10 <----- > Router1 (with NAT) ip 10.1.3.11 <------>Router2 (with NAT) ip 10.1.3.12
I add this line in router1
Router1:add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat dst-port=307 protocol=udp to-addresses=10.1.3.12 to-ports=161
When add device in Dude like a: 10.1.3.11:307 the Dude server discover nothing not show cpu,roter model, etc.
I cant find ICMP ping or UDP ping setings in dude server
This configuration with port forwarding working great with Cacti
I'm very disappointed because they do not have these functions
The carts is very complex . I have not found anywhere to monitor RX/TX on eth1 or eth 2 , voltage monitor, uptime, routes etc graps or charts
I want to work with it but it can not be as complicated as configuring a nuclear generator. It should be simple and simple to work with. With a simple interface.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Dude server v.6 - not working with port forwarding

Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:12 pm

Cleanup your network so you don't need port forwardings for things like this...
Or make sure you forward all the ports required for the application you are running (Dude uses more than just SNMP)

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Cleanup your network so you don't need port forwardings for things like this...
Or make sure you forward all the ports required for the application you are running (Dude uses more than just SNMP)
Cleanup ???? Cleanup a network working over 10 years with 150 mikrotiks'router boards only for working with Dude server ?? you are kidding me.
Do I adjust or Dude ajust for my network. Unless I maintain such features for what I like such an expensive board. I'm going back to free Cacti ot etc. for monitoring

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:26 pm

I think that a well-designed network allows communication between Dude and routers without requiring dirty tricks like port forwarding.
(it might require filter rule changes, of course)
Just make sure you have the proper non-overlapping subnets and routing.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:47 am

Maybe a Dude agent might help here?

Thank you!

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:58 am

Yes it looks like that can do the job as well. I have no experience with it because I make my networks with routing.

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:51 am

Thank you!
CRS1xx, CRS2xx, DISC, LDF, LHG, NetBox, NetMetal, PowerBox, QRT, RB9xx, hAP, hAP ac, hAP ac lite, mANTBox, mAP, RB4xx, cAP, hEX, wAP, BaseBox, DynaDish, RB2011, SXT, OmniTik, Groove, Metal, Sextant, RB7xx don not have a Dude server/agent packages. This problem with port forwardin is not just about only for MIkrotik routerboards. For example i have a many devices like a mail servers (windows machines with SNPM), FTP servers (with SNMP), printers etc etc . I can not put all routing at all. Elementary redirects to port 161 and that's all ended in principle with other monitoring programs.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Thank you!
CRS1xx, CRS2xx, DISC, LDF, LHG, NetBox, NetMetal, PowerBox, QRT, RB9xx, hAP, hAP ac, hAP ac lite, mANTBox, mAP, RB4xx, cAP, hEX, wAP, BaseBox, DynaDish, RB2011, SXT, OmniTik, Groove, Metal, Sextant, RB7xx don not have a Dude server/agent packages. This problem with port forwardin is not just about only for MIkrotik routerboards. For example i have a many devices like a mail servers (windows machines with SNPM), FTP servers (with SNMP), printers etc etc . I can not put all routing at all. Elementary redirects to port 161 and that's all ended in principle with other monitoring programs.
erebusodora,

Feature request - Specify custom SNMP port for the device - [Already implemented]

Thank you!

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:31 pm

Thank you!
erebusodora,

Feature request - Specify custom SNMP port for the device - [Already implemented]

Thank you!
I repeat the Dude server on RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition NOT working with forwarding SNMP porte. When create custom SNMP port on Dude server the server display random informations on forwarded mikrotik devices. Example: if i create 6 custom SNMP ports on Dude server. information on number 4 displaying in number 1 or information on number 3 displaying on number 2. Information for ROS version is not correct on forwarded mikrotik devices. All informations on forwarded device is random including SNMP interface etc.etc etc.

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:55 am

Another bug in Dude server. In Dude server --> RouterOS info-->Healt tab showing incorect voltage 8,8 V for RB433, RB433L boards. This boards not heave this function to show voltage.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Hello, erebusodora!

I just tested CHR with forwarded SNMP port in the test environment and it working fine.

Thank you!

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:39 pm

Hello, erebusodora!

I just tested CHR with forwarded SNMP port in the test environment and it working fine.

Thank you!
Hello , eriitguy
In my case I have 30 board behind NAT. The schema you showed is just one board . In my case, the information from the boards behind NAT is mixed with other boards behind the NAT. Put two more boards behind NAT and try to see.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Hello , eriitguy
In my case I have 30 board behind NAT. The schema you showed is just one board . In my case, the information from the boards behind NAT is mixed with other boards behind the NAT. Put two more boards behind NAT and try to see.
erebusodora, I just tested more complex configuration. It seems that all working fine.

Thank you!

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:29 am

Hello , eriitguy
erebusodora, I just tested more complex configuration. It seems that all working fine.

Thank you!
Your information is incomplete. No information about SNMP-->Interface, ip, Wireless station, queues etc.etc ???????. I'm talking about a real working environment not for a lab. I pay for license 6 and receive corrupted software !!!????. Tell me for what to use this board RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition !!! after it does not work with Dude or User manager..... only for power CPU??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:49 pm

erebusodora, thank you for detailed information!

Yes, from information you provided it seems that an issue exist.

May I ask you about ROS Winbox access to the Minyor device? Does it is accessible via default 8291 port or it is NAT'ed also to the different port?
And if checkbox 'Router OS' and 'Secure Mode' are enabled on this device, like we see this for Pristoe-CDG device?

Theoretically, we may assume that information may be mixed because some information is retrieved via SNMP (Snmp tab) and some via ROS (RouterOS tab).

Thank you!

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:29 pm

erebusodora, thank you for detailed information!

Yes, from information you provided it seems that an issue exist.

May I ask you about ROS Winbox access to the Minyor device? Does it is accessible via default 8291 port or it is NAT'ed also to the different port?
And if checkbox 'Router OS' and 'Secure Mode' are enabled on this device, like we see this for Pristoe-CDG device?

Theoretically, we may assume that information may be mixed because some information is retrieved via SNMP (Snmp tab) and some via ROS (RouterOS tab).

Thank you!
Hello
The Minyor-device is nat'ed to the difrent port to access with winbox .I'll give you access to Minyor later. On all device behind NAT ''Router OS", "Secure mode" is enabled. I try with disabled checkbox ''Router OS", "Secure mode" but problem is still exist. In atachment you will see the devices behind NAT is not detect correctly (version, voltage, ip, healt etc.etc.). Device before NAT is detect correctly (version, model, health, voltage etc.etc.) .All atached pictures is on DUde server ( RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition). I apologize for my English. Thank you!
P.S: Now I find that ObA device in pictures is missing!!! . In DUde -client MAP the OBA device is there but in server is missing !!! .... strangely
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Hello, erebusodora!

Thank you for provided screens!
From them we see that all ROS devices behind NAT have similar information: Resources, Routerboard and Health tab. Do they are similar devices and have same uptime?

We may start to find an issue from Minyor, because here you noticed only one issue - incorrect ROS version. We have two option here:
1. Disable ''Router OS" and "Secure mode" checkbox.
2. Change ROS port as described in the forum post: Specify custom Winbox port for ROS device in Dude. I have some issue with this in the test environment with CHR - but Mikrotik support replied that with Routerboard similar behavior is not noticed.

Thank you!

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Fact is that your network design is not good. This has been discussed before. You are trying to work around it, but it would
be better to change the design so you can access your network devices directly, even if that involves a VPN overlay used just
for the monitoring.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:17 pm

pe1chl, we may have similar situation in mixed environment and it should work anyway.

Thank you!

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:42 pm

erebusodora, may you also verify ''Router OS" and "Secure mode" checkbox - probably they are disabled for this device.
P.S: Now I find that ObA device in pictures is missing!!! . In DUde -client MAP the OBA device is there but in server is missing !!! .... strangely

Thank you!

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Hello, erebusodora!

Thank you for provided screens!
From them we see that all ROS devices behind NAT have similar information: Resources, Routerboard and Health tab. Do they are similar devices and have same uptime?

We may start to find an issue from Minyor, because here you noticed only one issue - incorrect ROS version. We have two option here:
1. Disable ''Router OS" and "Secure mode" checkbox.
2. Change ROS port as described in the forum post: Specify custom Winbox port for ROS device in Dude. I have some issue with this in the test environment with CHR - but Mikrotik support replied that with Routerboard similar behavior is not noticed.

Thank you!
Hello
All information displayed in Dude server for devices behind NAT is from NAT DEVICE ( RB 750gr3) . They are not the same devices. The real information is the following:
Minyor - RB 411 uptime- 21 day etc.
Branicevo 1 - RB 433L uptime 412 day....etc
Kus1 - Rb433 uptime - 53 day
Boymir 1 - RB433 uptime 14 dayy.... etc
.......etc. for other RB behind NAT
In my previous posts the photo for Minyor with incorect Router OS was an example. This board Minyor 1 has the same problems as others.
I tried:
1. Disabled ''Router OS" and "Secure mode" checkbox but problem is stil here.
2. Specify custom Winbox port for ROS device in Dude but nothong changed ...problem still here
I notice the information for cpu, mem, disk in Dude client map for devices behind NAt is displayed correctly ...other information is mixed. Mbps infprmation behind NAt is false.

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:48 pm

Fact is that your network design is not good. This has been discussed before. You are trying to work around it, but it would
be better to change the design so you can access your network devices directly, even if that involves a VPN overlay used just
for the monitoring.
There is no question of changing anything on the topology of the network. Why other monitoring programs work correctly and we can not use the feature Dude server. Why pay then if it does not work with forwarding ports ?. Nowhere in the specifications does it say RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition -dude server is not working with forwarding ports.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:35 pm

erebusodora,

Probably a some time is required to update information in the Dude from the clients.

Anyway, you should change ROS port as you do it for Minyor or uncheck ''Router OS" and "Secure mode" for all ROS devices behind NAT. Also, please be aware that username and password are valid for all these devices - you may retype them again for reliability.

Wait some time - 1-10 minutes and see the results.

Next step is to ask support from Mikrotik, as we do all correctly - only they may help us. We may try to contact them tomorrow if the issue still exists.

Thank you!

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:56 pm

Why other monitoring programs work correctly and we can not use the feature Dude server. Why pay then if it does not work with forwarding ports ?
Because those other programs use only SNMP (which you have handled) while Dude server also uses other methods of contacting the routers (which you haven't handled).
So some of the replies come from the remote routers via your forwarded ports, and other replies come from the NAT router itself.
When you would not be so stubborn and e.g. would create a VPN solution from the network behind the NAT router to the Dude server, it would work and it would be much easier to configure and maintain.

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:50 am

Why other monitoring programs work correctly and we can not use the feature Dude server. Why pay then if it does not work with forwarding ports ?
Because those other programs use only SNMP (which you have handled) while Dude server also uses other methods of contacting the routers (which you haven't handled).
So some of the replies come from the remote routers via your forwarded ports, and other replies come from the NAT router itself.
When you would not be so stubborn and e.g. would create a VPN solution from the network behind the NAT router to the Dude server, it would work and it would be much easier to configure and maintain.
There are many nets in the world with one, two, three or 30 NAT sequentially. I have personally seen 25 NAT consecutive. And why are they 25 is their reasons. I tried to run the Dude server with VLAN but it did not work properly too. I have too many reason not to work with VPN in Dude server but this is a other question not for this topic. Dude server is not a free product. He works with Miкrotiк products. So when we pay for why not claim about ways to work. I write to support Ticket#2018010822002005 we will see what they will say about it.
Last edited by erebusodora on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:53 am

erebusodora,

Probably a some time is required to update information in the Dude from the clients.

Anyway, you should change ROS port as you do it for Minyor or uncheck ''Router OS" and "Secure mode" for all ROS devices behind NAT. Also, please be aware that username and password are valid for all these devices - you may retype them again for reliability.

Wait some time - 1-10 minutes and see the results.

Next step is to ask support from Mikrotik, as we do all correctly - only they may help us. We may try to contact them tomorrow if the issue still exists.

Thank you!
I write to support Ticket#2018010822002005 we will see what they will say about it.

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:46 pm

This is the report from support:
"In such cases please use Dude agent feature, which can be used on any architecture, also on those which does not support The Dude server.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:T ... _v6/Agents

Please note that The Dude does not know anything about the port forwarding, this is done the layer3 level. Thats why if the address is reachable from the Dude, you will see the same information as if the would be directly connected.

Also don't use same ip address specified on different devices, because this could lead to some misleading information shown on some fields".
THAT IS the DUDE server will not work soon with port forwarding. The pity I gave so much money for RB1100AHx4 Dude Edition......TOO BAD ...even for user manager I can not use it not support although have a license level 6 :( When I was paying then the server knew for port forwarding and now he does not know!! DO THINGS WORKING IF YOU DO NOT KNOW LOOK AT THE MONITORING MARKET. I DO NOT PAY MORE ABOUT YOUR NON-HANDLING PRODUCTS

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:03 am

erebusodora,
Please note that The Dude does not know anything about the port forwarding, this is done the layer3 level. Thats why if the address is reachable from the Dude, you will see the same information as if the would be directly connected.
This is good for us as we configured port forwarding on NAT device.
Also don't use same ip address specified on different devices, because this could lead to some misleading information shown on some fields
This sounds unusual. My tests shown that all should work fine.

Lets start to solve the issue for one device, Minyor for example.
We should verify:
1. SNMP profile for it - good, from your screenshots.
2. Disabled ''Router OS" and "Secure mode" checkbox or reconfigured 'routeros management' service to custom forwarded port - please show us current state of this.
3. Masquerade rule inside NAT on NAT device - please show us current state of this.
4. Forwarding rule inside NAT, for Minyor, on NAT device - please show us current state of this.

Thank you!

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:16 am

Hello, erebusodora!

It seems that you are right, Dude v6 can't work correctly with SNMP forwarded ports at the moment - which was confirmed by support. Forgive me for misleading you...
As you mentioned I have added links between devices.

The results:
1. Information on devices labels is correct.
2. Information on devices tooltip is correct.
3. Information in SNMP tab is random - it may be from another device with same IP from the map and also can be wrong, like traffic on interfaces.
Dude-v6-Specify-custom-SNMP-port-Multiple-devices-issue-01-Map.png
Dude-v6-Specify-custom-SNMP-port-Multiple-devices-issue-02-Tooltip.png
Dude-v6-Specify-custom-SNMP-port-Multiple-devices-issue-03-SNMP-tab-01.png
Dude-v6-Specify-custom-SNMP-port-Multiple-devices-issue-03-SNMP-tab-02.png
Dude-v6-Specify-custom-SNMP-port-Multiple-devices-issue-04-Link-properties.png

Thank you!

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:12 pm

Hello, erebusodora!

It seems that you are right, Dude v6 can't work correctly with SNMP forwarded ports at the moment - which was confirmed by support. Forgive me for misleading you...
As you mentioned I have added links between devices.

The results:
1. Information on devices labels is correct.
2. Information on devices tooltip is correct.
3. Information in SNMP tab is random - it may be from another device with same IP from the map and also can be wrong, like traffic on interfaces.

Dude-v6-Specify-custom-SNMP-port-Multiple-devices-issue-01-Map.png
Dude-v6-Specify-custom-SNMP-port-Multiple-devices-issue-02-Tooltip.png
Dude-v6-Specify-custom-SNMP-port-Multiple-devices-issue-03-SNMP-tab-01.png
Dude-v6-Specify-custom-SNMP-port-Multiple-devices-issue-03-SNMP-tab-02.png
Dude-v6-Specify-custom-SNMP-port-Multiple-devices-issue-04-Link-properties.png

Thank you!
Thanks for understanding at last :). I have not same ip behind NAT. I can not use this "Agents can be any RouterOS device. You don't need to install server on it, just use the same RouterOS version" (from Mikrotik support) because then other problems begins with DHCP, wireless disconnect after 6.38.5 version in devices behind NAT...... My dude is 6.40.5 version.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:02 pm

erebusodora,

May I ask you to verify if ROS collecting data method show correct data in your configuration?

What will happening if we will configure 'routeros management' service with custom Winbox port for all devices behind NAT?
For this we should:
1. Elect 'no-snmp' SNMP profile.
2. Enable checkbox ''Router OS" and "Secure mode".
3. Configure custom Winbox port for 'routeros management' service.
See the results in RouterOS device tab.

I currently can't verify this in test environment because Dude on CHR can't connect to the CHR custom Winbox port - it was reported to the support.

Thank you!

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:24 am

erebusodora,

May I ask you to verify if ROS collecting data method show correct data in your configuration?

What will happening if we will configure 'routeros management' service with custom Winbox port for all devices behind NAT?
For this we should:
1. Elect 'no-snmp' SNMP profile.
2. Enable checkbox ''Router OS" and "Secure mode".
3. Configure custom Winbox port for 'routeros management' service.
See the results in RouterOS device tab.

I currently can't verify this in test environment because Dude on CHR can't connect to the CHR custom Winbox port - it was reported to the support.

Thank you!
I tried everything you described and including many other settings but the result is zero. The Dude not working with forwarding SNMP port. I wrote above the support write me "Dude is not working with worwarded SNMP port".

mauricioisp
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:54 am

I've tried everything and I'm facing the same issue.