Community discussions

MikroTik App

edinorog
Topic Author

The program thinks for a long time!

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:35 am

only ping!!!

at one end of the tunnel(the dude server) 1009, on the second crs125

Для тех кто в теме ... напишу по русски! Есть сервер дуда. Через впн туннель к нему коннектятся другие роутеры. 125 я взял для примера. Так вот .... часть роутеров виснет при открытии "General". Причем надолго. Секунд на 40! Потом появляется 2 сервиса! Хотя настроен только пинг! Другие устройства нормально отвечают серверу и не виснут в настройке! Не ясно что за 4,29G появляется чуть выше.

There is a server duda. Through the tunnel to it connect other routers. 125 I took for example. So .... some of the routers hang when opening "General". And for a long time. Seconds for 40! Then there are 2 services! Although only ping is configured! Other devices normally respond to the server and do not hang in the configuration! It is not clear that for 4,29G appears slightly higher.

eriitguy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: The program thinks for a long time!

Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Hello, edinorog!

We also have similar issue and reported it to the support: [Ticket#2018010322001999] RE:Dude v6 - ROS with custom Winbox port - Dude hangs issue.

In our case it hang when to the ROS device with custom Winbox port a "routeros management' service is added and disabled:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWp1eH9CU2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_coYAsJlIPU

Thank you!

sid5632
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 pm

Yes, I sometimes see "Unknown - 4.29 G" as well, with the same delay. Of course, this is really -1 displayed as an unsigned number.
I also see "Down 1 Up 1" or "Unknown 1 Up 1" on devices which only have 1 Service defined.
Mikrotik have some serious off by one errors somewhere in this thing.

Then there are the times when you open the History tab on a device and there is no graph because the window is too small.
As soon as you resize it, the program hangs and uses 100% CPU. Only way out is to kill it and restart.
Mikrotik have some serious bugs in this thing.

Oh and don't start me on the numerous problems with the SNMP tabs and the random crashing. I get lots of these.

I wish they'd open source it and let the experts around the world fix it, as they surely don't seem to want to.

edinorog
Topic Author

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:21 pm

After the last update (6.42rc), the CRS125-24G-1S-IN has stopped hanging. But they continue to hang RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT and RB2011UiAS-2HnD. Maybe just lucky.

4lex
just joined

Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi everyone.

We have the same problem. When open General Setting window - the app not response about a half minute or more.
Run TheDude server on CCR1036-8G-2S+, last version of ROS and TheDude server.
~4k device, most of them just pinged and not all of this device are Mikrotik.
Before, we run it on Win2003 Server, but have another problem, so migrate to the upgraded version.

Maybe anyone known show issue of this problem?

Treath1
just joined

Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:00 pm

+1 for me.

Mine has gotten a bit worse now. I cannot do anything with the DUDE as a window somehow moved itself outside of my laptop's screen boundary.
This is on a CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+ v6.41.2 .
Nothing notable happens with the CPU, and system profile doesn't show anything out of the ordinary.